Headphones stop working when "audible" notification is received.

tgelhardt

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
This is very annoying, especially since I work in an office and constantly use my phone as my mp3 player and wear headphones.
When my headphones are plugged in and I receive an email or text message or ANY audible alert on my phone the sound almost always goes from the headphones to the phone speaker. So I hear the alert in my headphones (or through my car stereo when I'm using an FM transmitter or AUX jack) then once the alert sound is over the music stops coming through my headphones and goes through the phone speaker. I have had two different Galaxy S3's and experienced this issue on both very consistently. Not sure it's a Jellybean issue or hardware issue.

wms3

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. I do not recall this happening prior to the forced upgrade to jelly bean.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy S3 iPhone killer

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Since I do not have this issue on my Galaxy Nexus running stock JB I believe this is a Samsung bug.

I agree. It is most definitely a Samsung bug, or more Samsung never built in the feature for the music to fade. This happened on my stock note 2, but when I rooted and installed an aosp ROM, the music no longer paused but now faded.

Posted from the AC app