Reactivating Play Music All Access

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
So, I canceled my Play Music trial subscription early this month due to the gobbles of data usage. But today's update seems to have taken care of the data hog problem. And so now my problem is that I would like to reactivate my subscription and can't figure out how. My trial subscription is still active - until tomorrow - but the subsequent billing cycle is canceled, and I can't see a way to reactivate it. Is there way to cancel the cancellation or do I just wait till it ends and then resubscribe?

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I did the same thing! I cannot figure it out either. I'm guessing we will just have to sign up again once our trial expires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Guess I'll just wait then. All I know is I better be able to subscribe at the $7.99 price point. I have never paid for a music subscription service before, but Google has done a really good job - the selection is excellent, the radio stations are fantastic, and the ability to reorganize the queue on a radio station is a godsend.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Google's system doesn't currently allow starting a subscription while one is active; the same thing is true with Magazines. The only thing you can do with an active subscription is cancel it. If you change your mind later, you have to wait until your subscription expires before you can renew.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Reactivating Play Music All Access - canceled while I was listing

Well I just had another type of problem. All access play music was canceled on me while I was listing. I signed up last month. In the settings screen it told me that My next bill date was today 6.15. unless I canceled. Well I didn't and there is money in my checking account. I listened for an hour and went to change the radio stations and they have all disappeared. When I go to settings it tells me to subscribe for 7.99 before June 30.

I went to the help screen typed in my problem in the message area, highlighted the area on my screen showing that I was no longer subscribed, selected the option to be called by Google, pressed the submit button and was then told that the submit failed and to try again later.

So what is going on? Not happy about this.

Anyone else have this problem?

eltahur

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Just happened to me too. It really sucked because I also list all the playlists I had put together. Ughhh I hate it when it just doesn't work right. I also noticed that I can't recorder the music in my playlists either. I think I'm just going to try spotify now that I've decided to give this cloud music service thing a try. What a pain.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Well I just had another type of problem. All access play music was canceled on me while I was listing. I signed up last month. In the settings screen it told me that My next bill date was today 6.15. unless I canceled. Well I didn't and there is money in my checking account. I listened for an hour and went to change the radio stations and they have all disappeared. When I go to settings it tells me to subscribe for 7.99 before June 30.
Did you try resubscribing? Did that work? I actually did cancel, so it might be a different issue.

Just happened to me too. It really sucked because I also list all the playlists I had put together. Ughhh I hate it when it just doesn't work right. I also noticed that I can't recorder the music in my playlists either. I think I'm just going to try spotify now that I've decided to give this cloud music service thing a try. What a pain.
Don't worry. Your playlists and radio stations aren't gone. I got all mine back when I resubscribed today.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
1 hour after my all music access disappeared I received a receipt from Google Play stating that I had been billed and that my next bill date was 7/15. I checked my devices and my access and stations were returned. When it is time for your monthly payment I hope Google does not consider removing access, waiting until receiving charges from your card, and then restoring access, a part of a normal business billing process, because it is not.

Rose West

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I had also cancelled mine, keep getting an error when I tried to activate it again. Persistence paid off. My trial is activated again for another 30 days. But do I have to become a paid subscriber before the 30th to get the $7.99 rate ? It looks like I don't get the free trial extended. Just received my google email and it said I will be charged $7.99 unless I cancel - today. But for the radio alone, it's enough to cancel spotify. The spotify radio sucked.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21