Droid RAZR MAXX (4.1.2) Background and Notification Bar Disappearing Issue

acman319

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I have been noticing a very frustrating issue in the past couple of days with my Droid RAZR MAXX (4.1.2, not rooted) and was wondering if the community might be able to shed some light on the issue for me or know of some possible solutions.

So basically, whenever I have a notification in the notification bar (be it from the SMS app, WhatsApp, etc.) and I go to slide it down, the bar at the top disappears and then the background (the apps and widgets remain in place) goes to black for a few seconds then returns to the normal background repeatedly for several minutes. This keeps happening until finally the notification bar returns and the background returns to normal. While all of this happens, I cannot open any app. Upon selecting an app, it simply crashes right away. Doesn't matter which app it is. They all crash.

I should note that the exact same thing happens when I long-press the home button to bring up the running apps.

There have only been a few occasions where everything worked properly in the past few days. That is, I long-pressed the home button or dragged down the notification bar without any issues. However, the majority of the time this problem occurs and it has, needless to say, become very frustrating. I am not eligibile for a new phone upgrade until March 2014 so I am kind of stuck with this phone for now. Any ideas or suggestions as to what this could be?

Thanks in advance!

acman319

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE [RESOLVED]:

So I decided to try and delete some recently installed apps before having to resort to a hard reset, and it seems to have done the trick. I went into safe mode and uninstalled some recent apps which I had installed about a day or two prior to the issue arising. The culprit apps seem to be NPR and/or Waze. After uninstalling both apps, the phone seems to be working fine once again and my other apps are not crashing, my notification bar doesn't disappear and neither does my wallpaper.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE [RESOLVED]:

So I decided to try and delete some recently installed apps before having to resort to a hard reset, and it seems to have done the trick. I went into safe mode and uninstalled some recent apps which I had installed about a day or two prior to the issue arising. The culprit apps seem to be NPR and/or Waze. After uninstalling both apps, the phone seems to be working fine once again and my other apps are not crashing, my notification bar doesn't disappear and neither does my wallpaper.

NPR and/or Waze may have been messing with SystemUI.apk, which manages elements such as the status bar, wallpaper, recent apps, etc. Try reporting the problem to the corresponding app developers to prevent other users who have the same handset as you have from going through the mess.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance