Custom Jelly Bean 4.2 ROMs.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
For those of you using older legacy hardware, do Jelly Bean 4.1 ROMs run faster on your handsets than the newer Jelly Bean 4.2 ROMs? This isn't really a problem for me as I already have an HTC One to fall back on as well as a Galaxy S4, but my older T-Mobile Galaxy S2's performance on CM10.1 Stable is just abysmally slower than it was on CM10.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Depends on the ROM really. I've used a few 4.2 ROMs on my SGP and some were laggy while others were smooth.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Depends on the ROM really. I've used a few 4.2 ROMs on my SGP and some were laggy while others were smooth.

With my experience, the smoothest Jelly Bean 4.2.x ROMs are SlimBean and ROMs with the Linaro keychain implanted. (Some nightly builds of CM10.1, AOKP JB MR1 and AOSPA 3+ have Linaro.)

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
With my experience, the smoothest Jelly Bean 4.2.x ROMs are SlimBean and ROMs with the Linaro keychain implanted. (Some nightly builds of CM10.1, AOKP JB MR1 and AOSPA 3+ have Linaro.)
Yeah, I have SlimBean on my SGP and love it!

Mantas Zilius

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I've tried many custom roms (jellybam, aokp, cm, paranoid, alliance and many others), but the one which is most stable and smooth, battery friendly also - RootBox ROM - mix of AOKP, CyanogenMod, Paranoid ROMs.

I'm using it on Galaxy S2 (international / i9100) also.

www.rootbox.ca - for common info
get.rootbox.ca - find your device to download rom here

Communities:
G+ plus.google.com/communities/115833651542488654391
Facebook www.facebook.com/pages/RootBox-AOKP-ROM/333083833406934

Since the ROM isn't OFFICIALLY available for my SGSII variant, my only experience with Rootbox is through a Linaro unofficial build. It IS very conservative on battery life but it seems a bit on the slow side w/out changing CPU governors. Thankfully, the Linaro chain implanted into the ROM's code alleviated the problem a little bit.

I'll give it another try later today. It may have been a bad flash or interfering tweak scripts.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I used an AOSP ROM on my Note 2 and I really liked the halo))) feature.

Can you recall which AOSP ROM that is? I'm guessing ParanoidAndroid as that's the only ROM series to have HALO))) already. (The official and unofficial builds have them, though the latter depends on the dev who ported the ROM to an unsupported handset.)

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Can you recall which AOSP ROM that is? I'm guessing ParanoidAndroid as that's the only ROM series to have HALO))) already. (The official and unofficial builds have them, though the latter depends on the dev who ported the ROM to an unsupported handset.)
Yeah, it was ParanoidAndroid.