Google Play High Risk

Prosty

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
After having my first Android phone for about 4 days Google won't let me buy any apps because of "High Risk" even though my credit card works in real life, and now my account is suspended requiring a utility bill and drivers license to verify it. Any suggestions? Google may have lost a customer.

Posted via Android Central App on a Galaxy S4 Verizon

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
this is actually normal and a pretty good security measure. its googles way of making sure any purchases made is legit. once u provide ur info, u should be up and running in under 4 business days

Prosty

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
this is actually normal and a pretty good security measure. its googles way of making sure any purchases made is legit. once u provide ur info, u should be up and running in under 4 business days

The account is barely 4 days old... ive only tried to buy fruit ninja....

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
you just answered ur own question....any new accounts to the play store will experience this at one point. its just a 1 time verification.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
110% i was skeptical too but found out its a legit google thing. just make sure to follow the instructions they provide for a timely process.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
After having my first Android phone for about 4 days Google won't let me buy any apps because of "High Risk" even though my credit card works in real life, and now my account is suspended requiring a utility bill and drivers license to verify it. Any suggestions? Google may have lost a customer.

Where are you getting messages asking for this information? Do you live in the US?

Prosty

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
110% i was skeptical too but found out its a legit google thing. just make sure to follow the instructions they provide for a timely process.

I did it they confirmed it and same error of high risk

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
what do u mean they confirmed it? did they send an email confirmation that they received ur info or a confirmation that ur good to use the play story?
when you submit ur info, it takes them 3-5 business days to process and confirm for use.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
something is off or not right. contact google and see if they can explain. or u can try to sign out of google completely on ur phone that way its like a "fresh" start and sign back in to see if that works. if no avail then contact google, unless ur phone carrier has a block/restriction which youll have to call them and ask which still seems doubtful lol.

Prosty

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I was able to purchase by signing out and back in. Thanks for the help, oh and it took Google about a day to confirm the documents. They did it fast.

Ticked Big Time

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
This is about the most absurd way of doing business I've ever seen. I can't believe people will go along with anything. Don't you realize how rotten their service is? Obviously not. My phone is not working. It won't download aps because of this idiotic error message about "high risk" BS. I know exactly how to fix it. There's an AT&T store near me. I can take back the $400 worth of equipment I bought and forget the other $200 I was going to buy and go back to my iPhone. Simple. Google can go get Googled.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
That high risk error, is part of the massive security fix Google did for the play store. Prior to it, malicious coders could take an app, rip out its insides, inject devious code to it, an repackage it, all while preserving the original signature. Which let them publish the app on the play store and all, under the same name and everything.

As you can imagine this is very dangerous, and could have happened to any app regardless. Rather than chastising it, you should praise it. Because when it shows up, that most likely means the app you are trying to download was detected and flagged as being malicious.

Currently none of the other app stores (including amazon) have this fix. And are therefore still extremely vulnerable. I advise that you only download apps from the play store, and never get them from outside sources.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

jeltz

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
gollum18, i believe you are mistaken. it is not the app that has been marked as high risk; it is the user.

either the user is considered too "new" (registered a new account too recently) or perhaps needs to be verified as has been the case with previous posters.

personally, i am now encountering this problem with my google play balance from gift cards. i suspect it is because i made several in-app purchases in very quick succession. i should hope that i do not have to provide identification for gift cards since there is no way to prove ownership of a gift card.

docnyc2

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Its been over a year since google has suspended my account. I had sent google everything thing they have asked for at least three different times. It disturbs me that I have sent them my personal info so many times and nothing had been done. Google is the ABSOLUTE WORSE!!! Thank goodness for AMAZON store to buy my apps...they get all my money for apps now. Google wallet can kick twigs I will be using ISIS wallet to make all purchases at my local vendors!!!

Google needs a class action suit because of there practices!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad