Access to "old" downloads folder to delete items?

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Same story as the thousand other threads about upgrading to 4.2 and having media move to the 0/ folder. That's all fine and good and it's not my problem. I'm having a hard time searching for my particular issue because it's hard to sum up in a few words. Basically all my media was indeed transferred to the 0/ folder after upgrade but when I enter Clockworkmod recovery and "install zip from sdcard" I am greeted with these folders....

0/
Android/
DCIM/
Evernote/
MxBrowser/
carbon/
clockworkmod/
download/
legacy/
obb/
slacker/

All my current downloads and files are found in 0/downloads/........etc.

My problem is I have several big files, namely rom zips, (several gigs) in the root download/ folder (not 0/) which I can't access with any file explorers. The only place I can "see" them is via Clockworkmod revovery. Does anyone know if there's anyway to avoid wiping my phone completely to get rid of these files...

Sorry for the redundancy in my question, I just wanted to be clear.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Are you rooted?

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly flashed Sprint Galaxy Nexus with XenonHD

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes I am
...I assume that me flashing a 4.2 rom then back to a 4.1 then back to a 4.2 had something to do with it.

Don't know all that, but in your file manager app, you need to activate root access. It varies by app. Did CM put a file manager app on? That one was the easiest to figure out. You go to settings, then general settings, and advanced and change the access mode. I just changed mine for a limited amount of time to change my boot animation, but then you will be able to navigate all the way back. (you have to give permission in the Superuser App as well when prompted.)

Hope that helps.

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly flashed Sprint Galaxy Nexus with XenonHD

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Don't know all that, but in your file manager app, you need to activate root access. It varies by app. Did CM put a file manager app on? That one was the easiest to figure out. You go to settings, then general settings, and advanced and change the access mode. I just changed mine for a limited amount of time to change my boot animation, but then you will be able to navigate all the way back. (you have to give permission in the Superuser App as well when prompted.)

Hope that helps.

Huge help. Thanks a ton. I tried what you said with a few file managers I had on my phone. While I wasn't successful in that, a quick internet search did lead me to Aroma File Manager. You're probably familiar but it's a zip file you keep on your phone and run inside of ClockworkMod recovery. It seemed like a no brainer as that's been the only place I've been able to see these files. Anyway worked like a charm. Thanks again.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Huge help. Thanks a ton. I tried what you said with a few file managers I had on my phone. While I wasn't successful in that, a quick internet search did lead me to Aroma File Manager. You're probably familiar but it's a zip file you keep on your phone and run inside of ClockworkMod recovery. It seemed like a no brainer as that's been the only place I've been able to see these files. Anyway worked like a charm. Thanks again.

Glad to hear. Actually I'm new to all of this. I *only* know how to do this because I decided I wanted a custom boot animation and they walk you through how to access the files in the system/media directory. I use ES File Explorer but the process in there was super confusing, even though it was the one in the video I watched. Go figure.

And I just realized you said ClockworkMod. My other file manager was installed by CyanogenMod.

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Glad to hear. Actually I'm new to all of this. I *only* know how to do this because I decided I wanted a custom boot animation and they walk you through how to access the files in the system/media directory. I use ES File Explorer but the process in there was super confusing, even though it was the one in the video I watched. Go figure.

And I just realized you said ClockworkMod. My other file manager was installed by CyanogenMod.

I just reread my last post. The "quick internet search" I mentioned was for ClockworkMod file manager" based on what you had said. Only then did I see Aroma. Credit goes to you. When I reread my post it sounded like I could have easily searched for it myself. Not the case. ES was one I tried.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I just reread my last post. The "quick internet search" I mentioned was for ClockworkMod file manager" based on what you had said. Only then did I see Aroma. Credit goes to you. When I reread my post it sounded like I could have easily searched for it myself. Not the case. ES was one I tried.

No worries either way. Sometimes someone doesn't help specifically, but says something that makes you think of a different approach. Still counts as helping. I'm just glad you figured it out cause like I said I had the Mods confused anyway. :) Not to mention, mine is a ROM and yours a recovery. For that, I actually have TWRP so the fact that I led you anywhere close to the right place is a sheer miracle. LOL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney