"Disabled by Administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage"

Gleyva3

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
I am LG G2 user, if you are facing this problem. Follow below steps:

1. Go to Settings
2. Select Security which under "General" tab
3. Under Credential Storage -> Clear Credentials

then you will be able to see all the options which are under "Lock Screen".

Hope this helps you!!!

This really helped with my wife's LG Leon as well. Thanks for this post. It was real helpful.

Ravi Wankhade

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site

1. Go to Settings

Hope this helps you!!!

Thank u soooooooooo much dear brooo

ramirezsaam

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
@droidturbouser You're the best!! It worked for my LG Tribute 5! 100% accurate!
Thank you very much. I appreciate it! :)

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY droidturbouser

I had the same problem and called my provider's support number and was finally able to get it resolved. I was prompted to try a variety of actions and am not sure which finally triggered it so i'll outline everything.
1) Go to settings>security
2) Find "Clear Credentials" and select ok to clear credentials
3) Go back to security setting and find "Device Administrators" and clear (disable) all checked boxes.
4) POWER OFF PHONE! I had tried everything up to this point multiple times and it does not work!
5) Once powered on again go into the security setting and find "Clear Credentials" and once again clear
6) Go to "Screen Lock" and the options should be available once again

Like I said, you might be able to skip steps but I'm not sure. This worked for me and I hope it works for you too!
(I have a Droid Turbo)

It worked for my LG Tribute 5 once again! xx

jayeshst

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site

1. Go to Settings

Hope this helps you!!!
Hey I have followed all the process but I m not able to unable pattern lock n pin/ password lock pls help me for that ......my mobile is unsecured..
I cleared all credentials...

kate6997

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem and called my provider's support number and was finally able to get it resolved. I was prompted to try a variety of actions and am not sure which finally triggered it so i'll outline everything.
3) Go back to security setting and find "Device Administrators" and clear (disable) all checked boxes.
4) POWER OFF PHONE! I had tried everything up to this point multiple times and it does not work!
5) Once powered on again go into the security setting and find "Clear Credentials" and once again clear

Like I said, you might be able to skip steps but I'm not sure. This worked for me and I hope it works for you too!
(I have a Droid Turbo)

you are amazing!
thought i had broken my phone
thank you

qu4ntumrush

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site

(I have a Droid Turbo)
I tried every step of this on an Honor 8 and it didn't work. I hate how I can't have lock screen notifications if I enable security.

Ivan Singer

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
I needed to do this method to be able to use my Huawei M3 8.4" tablet fingerprint reader to work to get past the lock screen.

I did get it to work using the "clear credentials" method above on my Huawei M3, with some caveats, in order of what did the trick (once you get the fingerprint unlock it to work from the lock screen, you can try and backout these fixes, except keep Google Lock disabled) :

1) You have to bounce between Advanced Settings:Security and Developer Options to clear creds, Device Adminisrators just giving you the Screen Lock slider back.
2) Unknown Sources has to be enabled
3) Screen Lock and Passwords:Use Password Lock only should be disabled
4) Advanced Settings:Security:Trusted Agents Smart Unlock should be disabled
5) (very important!) Disable the Navigation:Fingerprint reader swipe gestures and temporarily enable the Nav Bar in the same menu. If you don't, the fingerprint registration will fail as you try to complete the process because the default FP reader behavior is to go back home, cancelling your reg in flight (Arghh!).
6) Once you have at least one good fingerprint image registered, then you can back out the changes to re-protect your M3.

Hope this helps!

Bean Assassin

May 30, 2017
Visit site

Abbasuddin

Aug 19, 2017
Visit site
That trick worked in my Asus Zenfone 2 (ZE551ML).
I just cleared the credentials and unchecked the Lost Found feature from device administrator.

dallas1l_92

Nov 11, 2017
Visit site
Oh, haha, it makes sense now. It doesn't want anyone but you to access your card, that's smart. Glad you fixed it!

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums

Hi,
I just recently ran in to the same problem with my Alcatel One Touch. I was wondering if you could tell me how to go about decrypting my card?

Francis Gohil

Feb 7, 2018
Visit site

(I have a Droid Turbo)

Not working on my nexus 5x, I am getting startup passward but after giving that password phone unlocked but when I use same password is give me error of wrong Pin
can you please help me out of this how I decrypet my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet