rooted HTC One Forgets WIFI Passwords everytime???

supak111

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
My rooted and custom room HTC One keeps forgetting wifi password. When I connect and type in the password for wifi, wifi does connect. But as soon as I restart the phone, or restart wifi ON/OFF and try to connect to same wifi it asks for password every time.

Is this a bug? Is there any way to fix this?

supak111

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Ok thank you. I wasn't sure if the custom rom or bootloader or something else was the problem. Is it possible to fix this without getting a new rom? I found that wpa_supplicant.conf holds the wifi info, but wasn't sure how to edit the file to add my wifi credentials.

PS. figured it out if anyone needs info in the future. Ended up being a known bug, when installing ROMs on ATT phones always choose "International version" from the options during ROM installation procedure. I guess if you chose att version wifi passwords don't save...

Last edited:

RonP888

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I too have had problems with my wifi forgetting passwords. For me, what appears to work (so far) is uninstalling ATT Hotspot. If you are not rooted, you can remove it from the market but you will still have the icon to re-install it.

While this could be one of the most useful bloat apps, it must intercept / manage the wifi password configuration file and unfortunately it is known (Google for reviews) that it does not save passwords even though that is what the app is intended to do.

Once I uninstalled this all of my passwords could be saved and I did a reboot and all passwords were retained and auto connect worked as it should.