Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Exclamation Help ME! Fail ODIN

Hello! Can anyone help me? Because My SGS3 has failed to update android until out popups menu it said "firmware upgrade encountered an issue... " so, I won't give up to trying it. At last end, I gave up! because it wasn't successful. So, anyone to help me about how is fix it?

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: Help ME! Fail ODIN

Are you upgrading via ODIN to a custom rom? If so are you rooted? What device are you using? What current version of Android are you using? What carrier are you on?

I'm subscribed so please answer these questions so I may help you.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Yes, I am. Hmm maybe I have rooted. My device is Samsung Galaxy S3. I think I upgraded from 4.1.2 Jelly bean to 4.2.2 Jelly bean OFFICIAL. Telkomsel. Thankk you for your reply!

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Go to the Play Store and download a terminal emulator. Install it and run it when you run the app type "su" without the quotes and tell me if the # changes to a $. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

I can't go to Play store, because my device is still error message : "firmware upgrade encountered an issue... " you know to how to solve it?

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Is this on boot up?

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Find the original stock firmware for your device flashable through Odin and put it back to normal. Then ensure you have root and a custom recovery before you try again.

I have sort of the same problem, I have SGS3 and wont reboot in Recovery System it is just in Samsung Logo that's it wont pass. I;ve tried many things! Odin Fail! Kies do not recognised it. Installed Samsung USB Driver... nothing happens. there is also an error when connecting it to the PC call MTP error which I understand Media Transferring Protocol errror. I am afraid its my cell problem harware. so PLZ HELP ME!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

I solved it. Last one hour ago, I won't gave up, and then it's failed. I won't gave up and then, try again. After that, It was successful android os. I can't believe it!!
    Scott Kenyon likes this.

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

@Oldemar: If you don't boot into Android System, you won't be able to use Android MTP. I'm not sure if you'll be able to restart with ADB but you can try. Boot into the Samsung screen with the phone hooked up to your computer and attempt to use ADB to reboot the device into recovery.
    Doing this requires you install the Android SDK from developer.android.com and having the USB driver you said you installed. Install the SDK, launch a command prompt at the platform-tools folder and type "adb devices" without the quotes into the prompt. If it shows your phone in there, you can input the command "adb reboot recovery" and see if it will get you in.

- - - Updated - - -

@Oldemar: If you don't boot into Android System, you won't be able to use Android MTP. I'm not sure if you'll be able to restart with ADB but you can try. Boot into the Samsung screen with the phone hooked up to your computer and attempt to use ADB to reboot the device into recovery.
    Doing this requires you install the Android SDK from developer.android.com and having the USB driver you said you installed. Install the SDK, launch a command prompt at the platform-tools folder and type "adb devices" without the quotes into the prompt. If it shows your phone in there, you can input the command "adb reboot recovery" and see if it will get you in.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Thank youu, you saved my life, Scott!
    anthony2558 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Glad to have been of assistance.

Thanked by 2:
    anthony2558 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,301 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

That's what these fourms are all about. Great seeing people help others in need.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Oldemar, did you have any luck in repairing your device?

Mmm i am downloading the android-sdk windows.rar until today its 250 Mb so i ll wait! and see what happens i ll keep you inform thanks Scott! Really Appreciate that!
    Scott Kenyon likes this.

Nop no luck unfortunately!. mmmm too bad! need to see for more info may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kenyon View Post
    mmm strange the the tool adb doesnt run in command prompt in windows 8.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm having sort of the same problem. I have a note 2 and flashed using Odin (keep in my, I unrooted and installed stock firmware....after that was done I rooted using Odin). I am getting a fail on COM 5 and a pass on COM 3. The error message says,
    <ID:0/005>can't open the serial COM port
    <OSM> All threads completed. (Succeed 1/fail 1)
    <ID:0/005> Added!

Whatever this means....it will NOT let me boot into clockworkmod recovery. It just shows my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 logo and then the screen starts flickering around.
    *I did make sure I installed the clockworkmod root zip under the PDA before hitting the start button.

Any information or insight to what may have happened or what I can do would be greatly appreciated.

I am having the same problem as Oldemar please some1 help us!

I tried using emergency recovery using kies it takes a long time and then it tells me I have an error , and i also tried using odin and dowloaded original stock firmware but odin keep failing always

<ID:0/009> Added!!
    <ID:0/009> Odin v.3 engine (ID:9)..
    <ID:0/009> File analysis..
    <ID:0/009> SetupConnection..
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

ODIN keps giving this error message above or sometimes just gets stuck where it says "SetupConnection.." ??. Here is how you can overcome this problem:
    1. restart your computer and go to task manager via key combination ctrl +alt+del .
    2. Make sure you have turned off firewall , windows security essentials and antivirus program if you have on your computer.
    Also both in applications and processes section find and terminate kies processes ( you will probably find about 4 or 3 ) also it would be a good idea to terminate ITunes or apple related processes if you can find those running there as well. I have no idea how and what kind of affect they can have on ODIN , but this is how i happened to manage to go through that. {{ You might even have to try it on a different computer if ODIN keeps failing after the following steps below implemented . No one can explain why.}}
    3. Start ODIN and reboot your android phone into DOWNLOAD MODE (with galaxy note series, it is starting phone via pressing Volume down + home +power key , let them go once the galaxy note logo appears.
    4. Connect your phone to Computer via USB cable. ( Make sure you have ticked USB debugging [ settings >developper options>Usb debugging] if you are able to access to your home screen normally . With Android 4.3 , you will have to tap 7 times on build number to enable this option . So go to [ settings>about device>Buid number]
    5.Once you connect your Android phone to the computer , ODIN should confirm connection: <ID:0/00?>Added'
    6.Make sure Auto reboot and F.Reset time boxes are ticked only. And NOT the others.
    7. Depending on what version of ODIN you have (would not make much difference) click PDA or BL under files download title and browse to the file where you have already unzipped ROM and click choose it.
    8. The name of the file will soon appear in the relevent field. (extention of the files are either .tar or .tar.md5)
    9. It will immediately show initial confirmations and will wait ready for you to click start the flashing of ROM. It will take a while so be patient. And keep your finger crossed that above ID:Com section it does not say FAIL ! in red. If so , then try from scratch and do not give up. It will finally go through successfuly and segment above ID:Com will turn the best green color you could ever see saying PASS ! .
    10. Disconnect your phone from USB and it should roboot itself . Again it might take more than 5 minutes or so , so be patient.

If your PHONE GETS STUCK AT SAMSUNG LOGO or keeps telling you "FIRMWARE UPGRADE ENCOUNTERED AN ISSUE". and cannot proceed further to boot up normally, you can try flashing your ORIGINAL ROM if you are having this problem with a updated LEAKED ANDROID VERSION of it. After flashing Original ROM you will be able to flash leaked version of it. IF you have lost your original ROM you cand find and download it on the web.
    Last edited by MehmetBARISIK; 11-05-2013 at 04:36 PM.

How can i get 2 know which is my rom which can b flashed through odin

odin would look for a PIT (partition...something for mapping)

i don't know what to do about this problem anymore... the phone can only go to the download mode. so, i tried using odin... but it keeps saying FAIL

samsung galaxy 3 // gt-i9300 // philippines (smart)

can somebody PLEASE help me =(

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kenyon View Post
    Are you upgrading via ODIN to a custom rom? If so are you rooted? What device are you using? What current version of Android are you using? What carrier are you on?

I'm subscribed so please answer these questions so I may help you.
    I'm upgrading my S3 via Odin; I don't know if it's rooted (how do I know if it's rooted or not?). Anyway, whenever I tried to use ODIN it FAILS. Please HELP!

Samsung Galaxy S3 // i9300 // Philippines (smart)

Unhappy Re: Help ME! Fail ODIN

i have a samsung galaxy note 3 and i want to root it but when i start odin and click on start i goes red fail why
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast