Help ME! Fail ODIN

sutch_hhvd

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello! Can anyone help me? Because My SGS3 has failed to update android until out popups menu it said "firmware upgrade encountered an issue... " so, I won't give up to trying it. At last end, I gave up! :( because it wasn't successful. So, anyone to help me about how is fix it?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Are you upgrading via ODIN to a custom rom? If so are you rooted? What device are you using? What current version of Android are you using? What carrier are you on?

I'm subscribed so please answer these questions so I may help you.

sutch_hhvd

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I am. Hmm maybe I have rooted. My device is Samsung Galaxy S3. I think I upgraded from 4.1.2 Jelly bean to 4.2.2 Jelly bean OFFICIAL. Telkomsel. Thankk you for your reply!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Go to the Play Store and download a terminal emulator. Install it and run it when you run the app type "su" without the quotes and tell me if the # changes to a $. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

sutch_hhvd

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I can't go to Play store, because my device is still error message : "firmware upgrade encountered an issue... " you know to how to solve it?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Find the original stock firmware for your device flashable through Odin and put it back to normal. Then ensure you have root and a custom recovery before you try again.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I have sort of the same problem, I have SGS3 and wont reboot in Recovery System it is just in Samsung Logo that's it wont pass. I;ve tried many things! Odin Fail! Kies do not recognised it. Installed Samsung USB Driver... nothing happens. there is also an error when connecting it to the PC call MTP error which I understand Media Transferring Protocol errror. I am afraid its my cell problem harware. so PLZ HELP ME!

sutch_hhvd

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I solved it. Last one hour ago, I won't gave up, and then it's failed. I won't gave up and then, try again. After that, It was successful android os. I can't believe it!!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
@Oldemar: If you don't boot into Android System, you won't be able to use Android MTP. I'm not sure if you'll be able to restart with ADB but you can try. Boot into the Samsung screen with the phone hooked up to your computer and attempt to use ADB to reboot the device into recovery.
Doing this requires you install the Android SDK from developer.android.com and having the USB driver you said you installed. Install the SDK, launch a command prompt at the platform-tools folder and type "adb devices" without the quotes into the prompt. If it shows your phone in there, you can input the command "adb reboot recovery" and see if it will get you in.

- - - Updated - - -

@Oldemar: If you don't boot into Android System, you won't be able to use Android MTP. I'm not sure if you'll be able to restart with ADB but you can try. Boot into the Samsung screen with the phone hooked up to your computer and attempt to use ADB to reboot the device into recovery.
Doing this requires you install the Android SDK from developer.android.com and having the USB driver you said you installed. Install the SDK, launch a command prompt at the platform-tools folder and type "adb devices" without the quotes into the prompt. If it shows your phone in there, you can input the command "adb reboot recovery" and see if it will get you in.

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
mmm strange the the tool adb doesnt run in command prompt in windows 8.

- - - Updated - - -

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm having sort of the same problem. I have a note 2 and flashed using Odin (keep in my, I unrooted and installed stock firmware....after that was done I rooted using Odin). I am getting a fail on COM 5 and a pass on COM 3. The error message says,
<ID:0/005>can't open the serial COM port
<OSM> All threads completed. (Succeed 1/fail 1)
<ID:0/005> Added!

Whatever this means....it will NOT let me boot into clockworkmod recovery. It just shows my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 logo and then the screen starts flickering around.
*I did make sure I installed the clockworkmod root zip under the PDA before hitting the start button.

Any information or insight to what may have happened or what I can do would be greatly appreciated.

abduman

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I tried using emergency recovery using kies it takes a long time and then it tells me I have an error , and i also tried using odin and dowloaded original stock firmware but odin keep failing always :(

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac