Duplicate and blank files within picture and video folders in Gallery

Alex Rome

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I am new to Android devices and own a Hisense Sero 7 tablet with 4.2 JellyBean. I like it and am learning something every day. However, I am noticing something weird in Gallery where I have picture and video folders. After downloading pictures and videos from my desktop to the formatted 32 GB micro SD card and several days later, I noticed when opening Gallery that the picture folders had many duplicates and blank spaces in each folder. A folder originally containing maybe 36 files would now hold 100 files some blank and some duplications. Same thing was happening with my videos. Using several file management apps, I still could not ascertain what was happening. If I ran a Slide Show in a picture folder, the show would not show the blanks. I connected the tablet to my Win 7 computer and analyzed the SD card. It indicated an available capacity of 29.7 GB with used space of 3.58 GB. Analyzing further revealed the following: 8- Lost Folders each empty, 8- Music Folders each containing 157 MB, 8- Picture Folders each containing 2.42 GB, 8- Video Folders 7- empty & 1- containing 358 MB and 8- WMPInfo Folders each containing 296 Bytes. The Music Folders were all duplications. There is no provision for multiple users in this tablet.

The Hisense Sero 7 is operating fine and I do not understand what is happening and what to do to correct the craziness in Gallery.

Help.

iHackPro

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Try going to Settings-Apps-Gallery-Clear Cache and see if it rebuilds the file gallery without the dupes/blanks. If not, backup photos, format SD card, and re-add the pics and see if the duplicates and blanks stop showing up.

Alex Rome

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
1747 thanks for responding. Gallery is not found in Settings-Apps on my tablet.

** My mistake, Gallery is found in Settings- Apps. I deleted cache and all pictures and videos are gone although folders are shown, but blank. I will reinstall, but have little faith that what seems like a software problem is solved.

Last edited:

Alex Rome

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
In order to bring an end to my dilemma, and since there was only one response, this is how I have resolved the problem. As advised, I reformatted the card in windows and re-added music and picture files from my computer. In doing more file analysis, I discovered duplicate files in the internal memory as well as my sd card. All music and picture files were deleted in the internal memory. This possibly was responsible for all the duplicate music and picture files, though I don't understand how 8- of each was created. Anyway, no duplications have been produced and for the time being all is well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11