- 5 Posts
So I have the Samsung galaxy note 2 running on 4.1.2 and lately I've been considering rooting my device..
I'm a person that is an organise freak.. I want all my files into organised places really, and it frustrates me when apps such as instagram, when you upload a photo and then it would save the photo in the devices folders, taking up memory over a period of time, but like I said this is just instagram, there are plenty of other apps to do so..
So, would rooting be able to allow me to change what these apps do? where they save their files? and also, what other benefits does rooting your device do?.. I know it voids the warranty, but I'd consider the risk if it did what I wanted it to do..
One last thing is
What is the most beneficial advantage of rooting your device?
I'd also appreciate if someone could direct me to somewhere a noob friendly sort of tutorial on how to root my device, (listed above)
- 07-10-2013, 10:23 AM #3
- 2,650 Posts
In short no. Rooting only opens up Android to allow additional permissions to apps that they would not otherwise have access to. It will not change the way mainstream apps behave. In my opinion, few people have a real need to root their device. If you find an app in the Play Store that you really have a need for and it says that it requires that the phone to be rooted, then maybe then you have a need. Also, rooted phones do not get OTA Android version updates.Pat
Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
- 07-10-2013, 12:59 PM #4
- By paintdrinkingpete in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 14Last Post: 10-01-2013, 01:52 PM
- By Matt Wisniewski in forum HTC One Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 07-12-2013, 10:41 AM
- By ncreptile in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 07-10-2013, 08:53 PM
- By TheNameless666x in forum HTC One XReplies: 0Last Post: 07-09-2013, 09:24 PM
- By ncreptile in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 07-09-2013, 07:43 PM