Can't write reviews on Google play store?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure your reviews have disappeared? They cycle off the main page pretty rapidly but you can look at the older ones.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

AndroDevelope

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
First you should have google enabled account, after that you should click on install button from your device of the product you want to install. After click on install button google play review option is enabled, then you can post your review for the application. In case you have not clicked the install button and try to post the review on the google app store on press of submit button error pops up.

This error also pops up when you are trying to post the comment from non-android device like windows or mac.

andrew_sc_syd

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I can't write a review, the button is just not there in the Play Store app. I'm signed in to Google+ on Android 4.4.2 Samsung tab 8" SM-T310.
More precisely, I cannot write a review of Facebook (which shows up in narrow-gauge on my tablet). But for other apps, the Play Store does give me the option to Rate this App.

Posted via the Android Central App

SRKr

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
I am writing review giving stars and submitting it. Google + is also signed in. But after closing play store when we again open it ...no comments are shown.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

MrAndreas

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I cannot rate/review apps either. Like some people here I don't even see the stars necessary to rate/review.

It started happening after I had a pretty bad crash on my system caused by a root app I had installed after which my phone wouldn't boot. I discovered that I could boot into Safe Mode, however, and that from there I could hotboot into normal mode at which stage I had a few minutes of operation before the system would freeze. After many repeated boots following this tedious process, I soon discovered the reason for the lock-up was due to loss of root which I restored. Google Play Services had also become corrupt and most Google apps wouldn't work either (Inbox, for example). I then discovered that clearing not only the cache and the storage spaces for Google Play Services and fixing the permissions for all apps a few times (rebooting in-between) restored normal operation, with one exception, I could no longer rate/review apps using the Google Play Store app. This issue has keept me stumped. Maybe clearing Google Play Store's cache and/or storage will help, I don't know, I haven't tried it yet. I want to research and understand what impact this may have before I attempt it.

UPDATE

Clearing Google Play Store cache/data is safe. I can rate apps now, however, I may never have had an issue in the first place, I realise, as, originally, I had been trying to rate a side-loaded app, not one installed from the store!!! Doh!!! :p :)

Last edited:

jsterr1

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
I have a google+ account. when i go to the app's page, there isnt even an option for me to write a review. I have looked all over the page.

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed this problem with every PS review I've written. I have the apps installed that I write a review for and a Goggle + account, but all I see is my review at the top (with edit and delete icons). Whenever I go back and look my review is always gone. Have no idea if there's some missing step (like a save button or something). Have never figured out what the problem is.