Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

1 Posts

Default Re: Can't write reviews on Google play store?

I am writing review giving stars and submitting it. Google + is also signed in. But after closing play store when we again open it ...no comments are shown.

I cannot rate/review apps either. Like some people here I don't even see the stars necessary to rate/review.

It started happening after I had a pretty bad crash on my system caused by a root app I had installed after which my phone wouldn't boot. I discovered that I could boot into Safe Mode, however, and that from there I could hotboot into normal mode at which stage I had a few minutes of operation before the system would freeze. After many repeated boots following this tedious process, I soon discovered the reason for the lock-up was due to loss of root which I restored. Google Play Services had also become corrupt and most Google apps wouldn't work either (Inbox, for example). I then discovered that clearing not only the cache and the storage spaces for Google Play Services and fixing the permissions for all apps a few times (rebooting in-between) restored normal operation, with one exception, I could no longer rate/review apps using the Google Play Store app. This issue has keept me stumped. Maybe clearing Google Play Store's cache and/or storage will help, I don't know, I haven't tried it yet. I want to research and understand what impact this may have before I attempt it.

Clearing Google Play Store cache/data is safe. I can rate apps now, however, I may never have had an issue in the first place, I realise, as, originally, I had been trying to rate a side-loaded app, not one installed from the store!!! Doh!!! :P

I have a google+ account. when i go to the app's page, there isnt even an option for me to write a review. I have looked all over the page.

nevermind, it was just one specific game with reviews disabled, it seems.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12