Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't write reviews on Google play store?

Every time I attempt to write a review on the Google play store, the OK button seems to be greyed out and I can't post anything, anyone else run into this and or fix it? I have an HTC one on 4.1.1 if that helps any

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Can't write reviews on Google play store?

Do you have Google+ enabled? A requirement to write play store reviews is a G+ account.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yea I do and that's the weird thing :/

Hrm, strange then. I haven't run into that before. So you can fill out a review but can't click the OK button to submit it?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yea pretty much, no idea why

If you have a Google+account or you are signed in you write w review it may take some time before you see it. I didn't see my review till the next day.
    iPad iPhone 4,4s,5,5s Nexus 7 (2013) Galaxy S4 Nexus 5 and so much more.....
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

No I mean like the OK button itself when you go to write a review on the play store is greyed out and won't let me post

well this may not be the solution you are looking for but what I do is just send a regular email to the dev saying I like his/her app. I dont need a G+ acct so I wont make one but this is how I let the dev know I like their app.

What "OK" button. All I see is a "submit" button. Are you doing this on the website in a browser?
    Pat

Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4

Did you download the app first? If it is not in your device then you can't write a review for it.

Google Play needs to recognize that you have the application in your device, else you won't be able to post. If you have the application already, try a reinstall!

Make sure you put something in the subject field, anying, even a dash or a period. And set a rating.

my be you must rating before comente

--------------------------------------
    samsung galaxy note 3
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

It's strange because it'll let me give the star rating on Google play but as soon as I put anything in the text field, that's when it doesn't let me post the review because it becomes greyed out

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I quit lol

Lightbulb Re: Can't write reviews on Google play store?

I have always had this same issue. Shown as signed on and my profile picture shows correctly. I could click as many stars on the review as I liked, but even after writing something, in the review, th ok button remained greyed out so I could never send the review.

SOLUTION: The simple answer was - type something in the subject section - Easy answer, but I guess I never realised there was even a subject section. Even though it appears directly above where you write your review.

Hope this helps!

I thought I had the same problem and then realized I missed something very obvious. Fail! I did not have the "Summary" line entered and it is easily missed by the big comment box that grabs your attention which you head straight for. So I just clicked the stars and wrote a comment and missed the summary line in between that does not look like something that has to be entered at a glance. Easily done if you are new to writing reviews. They should put a light grey box around the fields to filled out so it is more obvious.

Make sure you set one thing within the field of study, anying, even a touch or a amount. And set a rating.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Basically - it "seems" like the review doesn't "submit" - I felt the same way - after writing it, and having trouble finding the stars to highlight, then I hit submit and it showed it to me - and gave me trash and edit options so I assumed it wasn't submitted yet.. but then I went over to Chrome to see if I could do it there - but it actualy had "taken" when I initially did it. - I had filled out the title box - but that may have been an issue - I did not see the starts so when i tried to hit submit it said I had to rate it - and basically they showed up when I moved my mouse around and finally found them. hope this helps. Side note - I don't like that we have to use a google+ account now - because many people won't write reviews anymore.

Every review I have written on the apps I use have disappeared. Nor can I write any now. I am connected to Google+. Reviews are important. Devs are disappointed as good feedback is pretty essential. I notice other people's reviews are still visible. Any ideas anyone?

Are you sure your reviews have disappeared? They cycle off the main page pretty rapidly but you can look at the older ones.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

First you should have google enabled account, after that you should click on install button from your device of the product you want to install. After click on install button google play review option is enabled, then you can post your review for the application. In case you have not clicked the install button and try to post the review on the google app store on press of submit button error pops up.

This error also pops up when you are trying to post the comment from non-android device like windows or mac.

i can't see "write a review"
    i am already signed.
    Can't write reviews on Google play store?-screenshot_2014-07-10-22-17-29-1-.png

Cleaned up some posts. Please keep it on topic