Restoring game obb files from backup

ObiWanYJ

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
We have (had) a first-gen 16GB Nexus 7 that got damaged. It was not rooted. I periodically rsynced all the accessible files to my desktop. The last backup is nearly a month old, so some of the apps may have been updated since then. We just replaced with with a second-gen 32GB Nexus 7 running the same 4.2.2. This one has been rooted without modifying the bootloader.

I've tried copying all the obb files from our games (NOVA 3, Order & Chaos, Great Big War Game, Bloons Tower Defense 5, etc) from the desktop back to the new N7, but they just get ignored, putting the player back at the beginning of the game. I tried copying them before the games were installed, hoping the game would update the obb files as necessary during installation. No luck. I tried copying the obb files after the game was installed. Again, the game still ignores the old files, treating me as a new user with no history.

Any idea what's going on, and how I can get the games to recognize the old files so we don't lose all our history?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma