Updated to 4.2.2 this morning but missing new camera and gallery features

Joy Sarabosing

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi all! I'm new to the forum so please be patient :) just recently got my Galaxy S4 about a month ago and I LOVE IT. I received the software update to 4.2.2 Jelly Bean this morning.. the only thing missing is that my camera hasn't updated and I can't get Photosphere at all! My Gallery hasn't updated either.

Anyone else having this problem?

Brian Lam

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't own an S4, but I do know that the phone does come with photosphere; except that it's under the "modes" option, named 360 photo.
And about your gallery app, I don't know. However, sometimes not everything is updated.

Also, the Galaxy S4 SHOULD ship with 4.2.2 already. Perhaps it was merely a firmware update? Which is why there aren't necessarily new features?

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi all! I'm new to the forum so please be patient :) just recently got my Galaxy S4 about a month ago and I LOVE IT. I received the software update to 4.2.2 Jelly Bean this morning.. the only thing missing is that my camera hasn't updated and I can't get Photosphere at all! My Gallery hasn't updated either.

Anyone else having this problem?

The Samsung version of the Galaxy S4 (ie not the Google Play edition) does not have Photosphere. It does have a 360-degree panorama, but that's different.

Joy Sarabosing

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Thank you! So informative!!! I looked to see in my camera options and all the same modes are still there. The Panorama feature is available but not Photosphere? I was doing some reading about 4.2.2 and I guess the Photosphere is supposed to add that "fisheye" look.

I can't really remember if my phone shipped with 4.2 or not but there are some noticeable new features that I didn't have last night. I guess I'm just sulking over my lack of Photosphere :(... thank you again!

Brian Lam

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Ive noticed that from updates that come from samsung seem to lack a few features e.g. on the tab 3 that runs 4.2 doesnt have the multi user feature. Im sure youre not the only one sulking :)

nickgalaxys4

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
The GS4 comes with Jellybean 4.2.2,Samsung just released a firmware update to save apps to the SD Card and one new toggle smart pause, with a few other things.

sropedia

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
The features you're talking about are only found on stock, unmodified android, and not Samsung's proprietary skin (known as Touchwiz). Skins have many benefits and add lots of functionality, but they don't always have everything from the latest version of android implemented. HTC phones running on 4.2.2 don't have photoshere either because of their respective skin, for example. Hope that clears some things up

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma