unfortunately process com.android.phone has stopped

Faisal Al Blaushi

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
HI
I have updated my Sony Xperia S to the latest Andriod update (Jelly Bean).
now when I m restarting my device massage pops up saying "(unfortunately process com.android.phone has stopped)".
then i have to restart again and againd untel it goes .
what is the problem please help

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If this error comes up on every boot and you can't get into the system then you will need to factory reset. You can get into the recovery and factory reset from there. For the Xperia S, getting into the recovery (when the phone is powered off) should be hold power on+volume up.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Fixing permissions might be worth a shot before resorting to a factory reset since you say you can eventually get it running.....

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply,
I tried to do that by holding shutdown and + volume up but nothing appears just its vibrating 3 times that's all

I thought you said you can get it running after multiple attempts. If so, go into settings/apps and then reset app preferences...

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Check them Xperia S forum for getting into recovery. I think you must hold the volume up+power on for close to 20 seconds. Fixing permissions could help, but I don't think you have access to that in stock recovery, do you?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Sinister813

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm having same issue. But I just flashed hyperdrive rom on to my s3 and the message "Unfortunatly, process com.android.phone has stopped" keeps coming up. i tried the reset permissions via settings\apps, but nothing happened. I just factory reset it and i'm trying to see what happens now. Hopefully I don't get stuck in a boot loop again.

Matta Aname

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I got troubled phone ,saying unfortunately android process ,process media has stopped.please,anybody can help me fix this?iI already removed my SD card but still my phone displays it.is my phone getting lost?

Hugo Martinez

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Well I had the same problem com.android.phone has stopped,I tried everything even sending the phone back to factory setting,until I finaly call my cell provider and it turns out that because I pay my bill late they cut off my service so as I call them they activated my service and everything work fine.

So my advise is call your phone company and make that they haven?t block you service

Yanto Cakep

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
aku punya android sering muncul unfortunately process com.android.phone has stopped
setiap kali muncul, android gak bisa di pakai.
tolong gimana cara ngatasi hal tersebut. tolonh bahasa indonesia saja..