No service issue and error with wiping cache partition

avakil007

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
hello i am using samsung galaxy s4 gt-i9505, i am having weird problem. i rooted my phone twice and then unroot again back to normal. i once installed TWRP recovery but now i am back to official, now i am loosing signal randomly, i am using 3 network uk but when i loose my signal, i have to turn my phone off for about 5-10 mins to get signal back. please anyone help with this.
and one more thing when i enter in recovery mode it says "no command" under that green android logo, and it doesnt let me wipe my cache partition, when i press that it says "error" and phone reboots without wiping. thanks in advance, please help me sort this out.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you checked to make sure the device is up to date and no system updates are available? Changing recovery should not affect signal to the device. However, unrooting and flashing/installing stock firmware could affect the radio/baseband. This could be reason for your device loosing reception.

Just a quick note, toggling airplane mode should also return signal to the device without having to reboot it.

avakil007

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Have you checked to make sure the device is up to date and no system updates are available? Changing recovery should not affect signal to the device. However, unrooting and flashing/installing stock firmware could affect the radio/baseband. This could be reason for your device loosing reception.

Just a quick note, toggling airplane mode should also return signal to the device without having to reboot it.

I have installed all the updates, firmware is upto date. And everything is back go stock ROM and recovery. You mentioned this uprooting could affect radio/baseband. Is this any way to fix it.?

And even if I put the phone in airplane mode, still it doesn't get signal after disabling it. One funny thing is happening with airplane mode. I put phone in the airplane mode from the notification menu. But I can't disable it from notification menu. To disable it, I have to go to settings and then from network I can disable it. Any solutions for my problems? :(

BLeClair12

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I encountered the EXACT same issue this morning. Phone froze overnight (which happens every other day or so), when I pulled the battery and restarted, I have no service and it kept asking to switch to global network mode. I could not wipe the cache partition, for the same exact reason as you described.

Same issue with toggling airplane mode too. Can only be done through the settings menu after its been turned on.

I called Verizon this morning, thinking the phone was more or less toast. While on the phone with a level 1 technical rep, my service magically came back. I continued to discuss the freeze overnight issue with a level 2 tech, and he offered no help at all. He did tell me to change my roaming settings and said the phone should have always been set that way, but that was it. When I tried to clear the cache again after, it still didn't work and my phone took a couple minutes to get service.

When shutting down, it takes an abnormally long time where the capacitive buttons and the blue notification light remains on, blinking.

I've been experiencing freezing overnight issues since day one, but this is all brand new.

I'm running stock everything. Never rooted, nothing. I've only accessed the boot menu once before to wipe the cache until today.

avakil007

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I took my phone to samsung service center and they said they will flash new firmware, and when they did and when i came back home and connected phone to samsung kies it said that error saying your firmware is not supported to update via kies coz from service center they flashed older version of firmware so i downloaded newer version from sam mobile website and flased it with odin and then formatted the phone, i solved my all issues though. you should try taking it to samsung service center if any around. hope that will help you solve your problem. or just check your latest version of firmware from sam mobile site download it and flash it with odin. and then wipe the phone to factory data. and wipe cache partition too. you wont loose your warranty.

Mukkani Velan

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
hello., am facing similar issue... i updated from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2. using firmware from sammobile.. i cudn wipe cache partition after tht.. also my tab automatically restarts ,suddenly when am working on any application especially, play store, its restarting automatically... one time, it restarted as if i flashed the device n showed me first time entry screen... kindly help me... am using samsung galaxy tab 2 p3100