1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help! lost 4.3

So i just got the notification for 4.3 but my phone didn't want to update. It stopped in the middle of the whole thing and the android guy showed a red symbol.
    A friend of mine told me to delete the cache and puff now my update file disappeared.

How can i download the update again? Is not showing up anymore and my phone says that its up to date with 4.2. And also, why didn't my update finish? is it because my N4 is rooted and unlocked?
    Thanx

UPDATE:
    i found that this method which forces your phone to get the update:

"you need to navigate to Settings > Apps, and enable the option which lets you see all apps. Then, you scroll down the alphabetical list to Google Services Framework, open it up and tap Clear Data and then Force Stop. Now, again, try checking for the System Update using the previous method; it should show a very old date, if not you should try again."
    Last edited by oxidax; 07-31-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Default Re: Help! lost 4.3

Yes many times being rooted will cause problems when trying to update. This is usually do to the custom recovery installed.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Quote Originally Posted by oxidax View Post
    UPDATE:
    i found that this method which forces your phone to get the update:

"you need to navigate to Settings > Apps, and enable the option which lets you see all apps. Then, you scroll down the alphabetical list to Google Services Framework, open it up and tap Clear Data and then Force Stop. Now, again, try checking for the System Update using the previous method; it should show a very old date, if not you should try again."
    Clearing data in Google Services Framework screws up all your apps that send notifications. I tried it and was sorry I did - lousy advice. It didn't even get me the update and I had to reinstall a bunch of apps to get notifications working again. Eventually, I got the OTA, which completely hosed my phone - boot loop. I've solved that with a sideload trick I saw somewhere, and my phone's back and on 4.3. Improved responsiveness, but terrible battery life. Doesn't seem to sleep properly - dropped 25% over the course of a movie in my pocket. I used to get really good battery life on my N4 with 4.2.2.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by littlenoodles View Post
    Clearing data in Google Services Framework screws up all your apps that send notifications. I tried it and was sorry I did - lousy advice. It didn't even get me the update and I had to reinstall a bunch of apps to get notifications working again. Eventually, I got the OTA, which completely hosed my phone - boot loop. I've solved that with a sideload trick I saw somewhere, and my phone's back and on 4.3. Improved responsiveness, but terrible battery life. Doesn't seem to sleep properly - dropped 25% over the course of a movie in my pocket. I used to get really good battery life on my N4 with 4.2.2.

Yea it didn't work anyways. clockworkmod was giving me an error when i tried to install the update from the .zip file so i had to trick the phone and restore to 4.3, lose root and then root again. Looks like its better that it didn't work then. I would't want to go thru all that trouble because of Google Services Framework .
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Yes many times being rooted will cause problems when trying to update. This is usually do to the custom recovery installed.
    Yea i guess so. I had to unroot and followed a procedure that i found online. Not even clearing Google Services Framework worked. I got the update but clockworkmod wouldnt install it.