Google Voice question

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
When I inquire about the weather in New York, the female voice in Google Voice response is in Celsius degrees......is there a way to change the response to Fahrenheit?

Posted via Android Central App

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I looked in the Google Voice settings and the default is set to English US voice but there is no option for F vs C degrees.

Is there somewhere else in settings that I should be looking?

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
You mean google now right? If so your looking in the wrong place for the settings.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
No I mean in a plain old Google search....I don't use Google Now.

Unless you are referring to google.com in your browser, you are using Google Now. Search was wrapped into Now some time ago. And Google Voice is a completely separate app for making calls.

From the home screen, swipe up and you will open Google Now. Is the current temp showing in fahrenheit or celsius? if celsius tap the little "!" in the right corner. Then tap on "Weather units" and change it.

Also, go to the settings/language and input - make sure you chose English/US there and not English/UK. This is the main phone settings, not any app settings.

Last edited:

bobsacomano

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
When I inquire about the weather in New York, the female voice in Google Voice response is in Celsius degrees......is there a way to change the response to Fahrenheit?

If you're hearing someone's voice in Google Voice then you've called someone!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol