Google Music Service?

ShaneBunting

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I'm wondering if I can get any sort of monthly service from Google for streaming music on my Nexus 4.

I think I've heard people on YouTube mention it, but I'm not sure where I can learn more or subscribe. I'm in the UK also, maybe this is why..

What's it like and how can I get it? (if it exists)

Thanks!

ShaneBunting

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, just logged into it and downloaded a tool to upload iTunes music to it.

Does this actually involve moving the .mp3 files onto Google's site or match the titles with those in the Play Store, and upload ones that it cant?

There's 13,000 of the 'free' 20,000, will those 20,000 always be free? Then I can delete from iTunes and save my hard drive some space!! :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's called Google Play Music All Access, and it's only available in a few regions so far (US, Australia, and New Zealand if I recall correctly). For the UK, you have the option of Spotify, which allows you to do just that on your Nexus 4, but it won't allow you to store/stream your own files like the Google service does.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Those 20,000 songs will always be free (so far, unless they change the TOS). If you have an All Access account, it will try to match your file with a valid copy in their catalog (and not count that as a slot in your storage allowance). If not, you can upload those 20,000 songs for the free service. They are uploaded to Google's servers so you can stream those files to your phone or any device with access to Google Music.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon