Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

how i move any app to my sd card please tell me

i have the same 4 internal and 14.7 external

almost apps link me to the app info they think i have "copy" in the app info but i haven't i want to have an app to copy without link me to the app info
    and tell me . why google do it??!!

no way to move any app without root
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Default Re: Android 4.1.2 install apps to SD?

Sorry for the late reply. Now, this will void your warranty and I don't recommend deleting anything from the stock operating system with any fancy tools. There's a super user app that lets you do OTA updates, supersu or something like that. But anyway, here it is:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2334544

Btw, I got another phone cuz I pooched mine but possibly it was because I had problems with it from the beginning . Probably. Good luck!

Posted via Android Central App

Hold on, there is something strange, two Samsung samrtphones both with Android 4.1.2, mine is Galaxy Advance model and my friend Galaxy Core model.
    My Advance model has always the button "move to SD card" in every application. For somes the button is working and its locked gryed in others apps.
    Into the Core model the button doesn't appear at all in alls apps.
    Now I think there is something I've to do in the Core to activate this function but I don't know where its placed.

Right now I'm opening setting and I've some categories grey labels. See my one its italian so transaltion could be a bit different so I underline words that I translate.
    Under DEVICES I've MEMORY that could be also translated as STORAGE but inside it there is any defualt settings to set or modify, except to dismount the SD card or format it or format the internal memory

In the camera setting there is a STORAGE option that allow you to save pictures on phone memory or SD card, but I don't think it affect the presence of the button.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758

I use that to root, rather than using Moto chopper. Safe root has an unroot option and works with the v6 OTA update. Just use link2sd to give you more space. If you still need help, I'll find a YouTube video with instructions. Cheers.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: android 4.1.2 install apps to SD?

Thanks! I don't think that this is the same as the moving the apps over function with older Droid formats, but it will do the trick for now.

Default Re: Android 4.1.2 install apps to SD? Thanks, Kevin

Huge help, my man!

Default Re: Android 4.1.2 install apps to SD? Thanks, Kevin

Can someone help me? I am rooted and am trying to use link2sd. I get some user apps (like games) that do say its able to move to sd thru that app. but when i try, it says "you can link the app in order to move its files to your sd card".... help? what does linking an app mean?

when i go into the app settings of link2sd, and select relink all application files, it says failure.

ETA: just used rom manager to create/partition my sd card.... link2sd still not seeing a partition available

is not working this to my mini galaxy s3

thank you

"Default storage locations..change to SD Card" This option doesn't appear to me. How can a company that big, can be so close minded by changing this? thats frustrating. If a root my phone, I loose the warranty =/

This worked for me! Signed up to this site just to thank you Kevin! So happy!

I hav got my micromax bolt a61.. Please help how can instal the apps on sd card as i have got only got 135 mb for apps instalation

Quote Originally Posted by Parker Strength View Post
    Just stupid. I got a 4 gb internal storage and 14.6 external. Whats the point in BUYING AN SD CARD?!
    Because not everyone can afford a nice device a**hole! Some of us are stuck with limited internal storage!

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I use SGS2 4.1.2, moving app to sd card will only move app data to sd card.

<sigh> I went through the process and it looked good. Then I rebooted and checked file manager again. The internal copies were back! And the copies on the external SD are still there. It's like the OS was looking for things on the external SD. Too bad. It was worth a try.

I am using Micromax canvas a116,I would like to know how could I install apps on internal or external SD card directly from Google play

Hi Kevin, you wrote that this solution works for 4.2.1, is that correct or a typo? Just because this thread is about 4.1.2., plus because I tried these steps with my Samsung Galaxy 3 Mini and although it seems to work because the folder is indeed created on the external SD card, but a closer look reveals that no data is moved, there is 0 byte data in it. In addition, the application manager on the phone still shows that the app is on the internal memory and 0,00 MB is on the external SD card. I have read all the comments but so far I have not managed to move my apps to the SD card, hope someone can help.

What if I use all 4GB of memory?

OK don't know if this will help you guys but I just made this work fine on my motorola Razr890 with 4.1.2.needed to move my copilot gps along with all it's maps etc to the sd card as I had run out of internal storage and phone was eating battery trying to constantly update regular apps and being unable to do so due to lack of storage space.. OK it was very easy. in apps I have an app named "files" equivalent to file manager I think in 4.2.2. open it and I get the list of device storage (internal) sd card(external obviously) I also have favorites and recent but ignore those..open device storage.. here is a long list of apps and stuff.. it doesn't seem to be every app however which seems odd but my com.mapviewer-copilot was there which was what I wanted to move so touch and hold (do not open as I wanted to move entire folder) to get icons at the bottom of screen.. choose the two arrows move icon , touch and "move" appears at top right of screen... now comes the bit that took me several tries to find.. to get back to the first screen to be able to select sd card as destination to copy there is an icon of a file in top left. same icon as was in apps for the actual app itself.. touch this and it takes me to first menu..if you try back button or anything else to get to first menu it cancels the move or you get an error... select sd card and "move" and bingo transferred entire app folder complete with maps to sd card... now have 3gb free on internal storage again.. launched and tested GPS and it works fine.. downloaded an extra map as well to test and it now downloads these to sd card folder as well... original folder still exists on internal storage , but says contents 0 items.. I wouldn't delete this in case it holds path info to new storage location but worked for me.. hope this helps someone else..
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12