Android 4.1.2 install apps to SD?

OctoParrot22790

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: android 4.1.2 install apps to SD?

I tried this... partitioned my SD card and everything, but when I opened up Link2SD it refused to work because "the device has primary external storage which is emulated from the internal storage," which is the reason I need to do this in the first place. Everything I download automatically goes to the tiny 1-gig "sdcard0," fills it up, and leaves the phone nonfunctional. How did you get it working?

adamcbc

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

System Settings>Storage>Default storage locations..change to SD Card. Now SD Card shows up in App Manager and "Move to SD" is again an option.

S_MaryJayne

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Using link2sd I got my Virgin Mobile LG F3 to move apps to memory card. I had to root my phone and partition my external memory card but it works well. I installed a ton of apps including games. I was never able to do that before.

Posted via Android Central App
I had the same problem with my virgin mobile optimus f3, could you give me the link/info about what you used specifically to root your phone? Pleaseeee

dcswiftly

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site

Hello, help please, I have a toshiba tablet on 4.2.1, i want to store to the sd card, in camera there is not a gear symbol to use, in storage there is not a settings>Storage>Default storage locations.change to SD Card, there is not an app "File Manager in my apps list. I am absolutely lost, please please help.

hamdi17

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
how i move any app to my sd card please tell me

i have the same 4 internal and 14.7 external

almost apps link me to the app info they think i have "copy" in the app info but i haven't i want to have an app to copy without link me to the app info
and tell me . why google do it??!!

no way to move any app without root :(

Last edited by a moderator:

linuxalien

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply. Now, this will void your warranty and I don't recommend deleting anything from the stock operating system with any fancy tools. There's a super user app that lets you do OTA updates, supersu or something like that. But anyway, here it is:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2334544

Btw, I got another phone cuz I pooched mine but possibly it was because I had problems with it from the beginning . Probably. Good luck!

Posted via Android Central App

shybear

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Hold on, there is something strange, two Samsung samrtphones both with Android 4.1.2, mine is Galaxy Advance model and my friend Galaxy Core model.
My Advance model has always the button "move to SD card" in every application. For somes the button is working and its locked gryed in others apps.
Into the Core model the button doesn't appear at all in alls apps.
Now I think there is something I've to do in the Core to activate this function but I don't know where its placed.

Right now I'm opening setting and I've some categories grey labels. See my one its italian so transaltion could be a bit different so I underline words that I translate.
Under DEVICES I've MEMORY that could be also translated as STORAGE but inside it there is any defualt settings to set or modify, except to dismount the SD card or format it or format the internal memory

In the camera setting there is a STORAGE option that allow you to save pictures on phone memory or SD card, but I don't think it affect the presence of the button.

Randy Noseworthy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

Thanks! I don't think that this is the same as the moving the apps over function with older Droid formats, but it will do the trick for now.

pawprints86

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Android 4.1.2 install apps to SD? Thanks, Kevin

Can someone help me? I am rooted and am trying to use link2sd. I get some user apps (like games) that do say its able to move to sd thru that app. but when i try, it says "you can link the app in order to move its files to your sd card".... help? what does linking an app mean?

when i go into the app settings of link2sd, and select relink all application files, it says failure.

ETA: just used rom manager to create/partition my sd card.... link2sd still not seeing a partition available

Last edited:

Luis Marson

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
"Default storage locations..change to SD Card" This option doesn't appear to me. How can a company that big, can be so close minded by changing this? thats frustrating. If a root my phone, I loose the warranty =/

lordVoldemoo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
<sigh> I went through the process and it looked good. Then I rebooted and checked file manager again. The internal copies were back! And the copies on the external SD are still there. It's like the OS was looking for things on the external SD. Too bad. It was worth a try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez