SD Card bad, what happens to music and photos? Sync questions?

southsam7

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Please excuse me if I posted this before.

Recently my Samsung GS3 gallery would have black thumbnails and occasionally say "can't load photo". It kept getting worse so I copied some of the pictures to my computer as a precaution.

Now the Samsung branded SD card that came with the phone is no longer recognized (no SD card inserted it says) by the phone or the computer.

I don't understand how Google Android Sync works. If my stuff was synced and now the card is bad, won't the files in the cloud be deleted? Where are they in the cloud :-\if the phone synced?

Is sync one-way? In other words, if my phone automatically puts my music or photos in the cloud, do I have to explicitly delete them in order for them to be deleted, or with the system see them missing on my phone and delete the backup copy in the cloud?

Where are my synced files if I decide to use the Android sync feature?

Please help; Google was NO help.

Thanks!

Sam

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Please excuse me if I posted this before.

Recently my Samsung GS3 gallery would have black thumbnails and occasionally say "can't load photo". It kept getting worse so I copied some of the pictures to my computer as a precaution.

Now the Samsung branded SD card that came with the phone is no longer recognized (no SD card inserted it says) by the phone or the computer.

I don't understand how Google Android Sync works. If my stuff was synced and now the card is bad, won't the files in the cloud be deleted? Where are they in the cloud :-\if the phone synced?

Is sync one-way? In other words, if my phone automatically puts my music or photos in the cloud, do I have to explicitly delete them in order for them to be deleted, or with the system see them missing on my phone and delete the backup copy in the cloud?

Where are my synced files if I decide to use the Android sync feature?

Please help; Google was NO help.

Thanks!

Sam

You can try to put your card in your PC. The PC may see the errors and try to fix it. If not you can right click and click tools (I think) and that should bring up repair. This may wipe the card of all memory.