Ulefone N9776 crashes and reboots

Adam Meyer

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Ok! I have not heard from the seller yet. I can sometimes.. but not often get in enough to download and install one or two apps from playstore before it crashes and does the reboot cycle thing. Question.. is there an app i should download that could debug and fix this issue? or at least get some sort of report as to what is going wrong? Also I have found this facebook page https://www.facebook.com/AndroidPhablets if you look down to 22 July you can see stats.. ie 11_gq200s etc which is the same model. I have also found out the Make and model is actually Alps U89

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok! I have not heard from the seller yet. I can sometimes.. but not often get in enough to download and install one or two apps from playstore before it crashes and does the reboot cycle thing. Question.. is there an app i should download that could debug and fix this issue? or at least get some sort of report as to what is going wrong? Also I have found this facebook page https://www.facebook.com/AndroidPhablets if you look down to 22 July you can see stats.. ie 11_gq200s etc which is the same model. I have also found out the Make and model is actually Alps U89

You could get a logcat app and use that to dump the errors to a text. ADB is capable of getting a logcat as well.

Adam Meyer

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Im pretty sure they are exactly the same thing. The specs seem identical but mine is definately called Alps U89. You will also get lots of Google entries if you search for Alps U89 N9776. (MTK6589)
The phone keeps putting backup and lost.dir files on my micro SD card not sure if this is causing the installation to abort. View attachment 79254

mike63367

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Heyas,

Have you fixed it yet? If so let me know I have same phone but bought it from chinavasion.com/vnpx

It dose exactly same thing, now I know how to get into phone...with phone off ..hold power button and volume button up to get into android system recovery. it starts with android when it lays down with plate open it in system recovery mode. let go and press back button to pull up menu. volume up down to move enter(home button) o select.
this is list of following commands available: reboot system now, apply update from ADB, apply update from sdcard, apply update from cache, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, backup user data, and finally restore user data. now to reset my phone when in loop I have been using wipe data/factory rest. when done reboot and go through like you just got phone. I skip all Google crap and Wi-Fi top get back into phone then restore from backup. Now the next way to get into phone is at power off... press power and down volume key hold till you get into factory mode. this screen has Auto test, item test, test report, debug test, clear eMMC, Version, and reboot. the only thing I have done on this screen was to use version. sorry all I got at moment hope it helps please let me know if you can fix it for the phone is very nice and I to want to keep it. Mike

D'Nick74

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Mike.
I try to answer your problem.
For the first before you try over the system like you describe. Please check memory do you have to use (external) or change your memory with the new one.
Actually the facing problem like you describe is on the memory.

Apologies my english is not well.

Thanks
Dominic

Sent from my EG98 using AC Forums mobile app

mike63367

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi thanks for reply,

Yeah not sure what you mean from what I have been reading I think its a software glitch in the flash for the rom when they program the phone. I know that anytime the phone tries to access any update or google it locks up into a loop and keeps rebooting. Even trying to add an account dose so as well, If your on the phone some one text you or calls you when you hang up the phone locks up. Hmm lets see I also noticed when battery gets to 19% or less it seems to hang then crash too. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Mike