Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Logged out of Google Play

At my work, I,ve now rolled out just under 50 7" tablets. 20 of them Acer Iconias - everything else Nexus 7s (original version). I have 80 more N7s to finish the initial rollout.
    They are all enrolled under 1 account so that I can manage them through the useful Google Device manager. Apart from the fact that Google managed to remove the ability to uninstall apps with their last update to Play, everything is good.

The majority of the devices are fairly well locked down by AppLock from Domobile lab.

The problem is that a few devices a day, at present, are managing to log out of Google play and sit there asking for the Gmail password. This has now happened to me and my tablet is not even locked down. I unlocked the screen to be presented with the Gmail address and a box asking for the password.
    The users do not have this password - I said it was locked down. The device is still on the Wifi.

This is only going to get worse as the rollout continues. What is causing it and how do I stop it? 130 devices within a few weeks and perhaps hundreds more.

Default Re: Logged out of Google Play

Quote Originally Posted by Gonoff View Post
    At my work, I,ve now rolled out just under 50 7" tablets. 20 of them Acer Iconias - everything else Nexus 7s (original version). I have 80 more N7s to finish the initial rollout.
    They are all enrolled under 1 account so that I can manage them through the useful Google Device manager. Apart from the fact that Google managed to remove the ability to uninstall apps with their last update to Play, everything is good.

The majority of the devices are fairly well locked down by AppLock from Domobile lab.

The problem is that a few devices a day, at present, are managing to log out of Google play and sit there asking for the Gmail password. This has now happened to me and my tablet is not even locked down. I unlocked the screen to be presented with the Gmail address and a box asking for the password.
    The users do not have this password - I said it was locked down. The device is still on the Wifi.

This is only going to get worse as the rollout continues. What is causing it and how do I stop it? 130 devices within a few weeks and perhaps hundreds more.
    Maybe try making a Google account for every 20 or so devices? Maybe it is because you have so many devices trying to access the same account so it logs out some randomly?

Sent from my XT881 using AC Forums mobile app