newbie just got and samsung galaxy S3 Mini! XD

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
hey guys i was looking on the net to find out about stuff that's good about my phone i have come across 4.2.2 but i don't know what the difference is between 4.1.2 and 4.2.2 :S lol could some one tell me please i have just jumpt ship from IOS to android :D glad to be here thanks sorry about my typing :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
hey guys i was looking on the net to find out about stuff that's good about my phone i have come across 4.2.2 but i don't know what the difference is between 4.1.2 and 4.2.2 :S lol could some one tell me please i have just jumpt ship from IOS to android :D glad to be here thanks sorry about my typing :)
I can't find a side by side comparison of the two changes. 4.1 (Jellybean) was a major upgrade behind the scenes of how the device operates. Subsequent updates (4.1.2, 4.2.2) have been minor bumps, specifically bug fixes and further tweaks and improvements to the way Android operates.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

4.0 was the OS to merge tablet and phone version together to make the transition seamless. 4.1 I agree with magnus, that there was a lot of unseen changes to make the overall OS more smooth and battery friendly.

AS for 4.2 and 4.3, those are more tweaks, and bug fixes than anything else.

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
4.0 was the OS to merge tablet and phone version together to make the transition seamless. 4.1 I agree with magnus, that there was a lot of unseen changes to make the overall OS more smooth and battery friendly.

AS for 4.2 and 4.3, those are more tweaks, and bug fixes than anything else.

Ahh right so can anyone tell me what this little device can do and what its acapable of :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ahh right so can anyone tell me what this little device can do and what its acapable of :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using AC Forums mobile app

The mini just has less RAM and I think smaller internal storage. Otherwise, it can give the full s3 a run for it's money.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
The mini just has less RAM and I think smaller internal storage. Otherwise, it can give the full s3 a run for it's money.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

i have also bee searching the net and and its says 4.2.2 is available for the device but am not sure what it will do for my device and where to install it from i have checked kies and my device is up to date on 4.1.2

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
i have also bee searching the net and and its says 4.2.2 is available for the device but am not sure what it will do for my device and where to install it from i have checked kies and my device is up to date on 4.1.2

That is the version of Android. The update normally goes out in small groups and can take a few weeks.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
You could. You would need to get a program called ODIN, and have the proper files. Search Samsung updates .com and look for your exact model number.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

ohhh golfdriver your bloody amazing you are!!! i have the odin program now were wud i get the files? :)

EDIT: just looked on ther but cant find the files im not reli goo with this kind of stuff lol

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
ohhh golfdriver your bloody amazing you are!!! i have the odin program now were wud i get the files? :)

EDIT: just looked on ther but cant find the files im not reli goo with this kind of stuff lol

You need to look it up by exact model number. Settings>About Device>scroll all the way down.
You may need to connect to Kies to look up the region code.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I just breezed through the files. All are 4.1.2. So you are up to date as of right now.