Not seeing pre-installed app updates
I just reset my Droid RAZR MAXX back to factory defaults. Now when I go into the Play store and go to the "My Apps" page it shows no app updates available. I know there are updates available though! For instance, Maps has an update available...if I go right to the app's page I can update it. The same goes for all of the pre-installed apps (Kindle, GMail, Netflix, etc.)
I have cleared the cache as well as data for the Play app. I have also deleted and re-added my google account. Still, it won't detect updates to the pre-installed apps on the "My Apps".....any ideas on how to solve this problem? I just worry that in the future I won't be notified when there are updates to these apps.
- 08-25-2013, 09:01 PM #2
Re: Not seeing pre-installed app updates
This is an odd glitch that I've noticed before about Google apps. What I do is just search for all Google apps, and the list that shows up should then tell you if an update is available. Once you've updated the Google app in question the first time, the Play Store app will then be primed to notify you of further updates in the future.
- By CypherMax in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 5Last Post: 11-20-2013, 09:59 AM
- By appmy in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 6Last Post: 08-26-2013, 09:15 PM
- By killachandra in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 08-26-2013, 11:07 AM
- By pinbak in forum Moto XReplies: 3Last Post: 08-25-2013, 07:42 PM
- By Zombied Mann in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 08-25-2013, 06:33 PM