Screen goes off when my hand passes by the camera

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi

The screen of my Samsung Grand duos goes blank when my hand passes by the front camera. I am sure it is a setting that I can disable - could anyone tell me how one could disable this feature.

Thanks

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Odd. It's probably the proximity sensor, but I don't think that's supposed to function unless you're on a call. It could be a software defect, but it might be a weird feature on your particular phone. Android doesn't have a setting to control it as far as I know.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The ambient light sensor is near the camera as well, so if you have Automatic Brightness on, I wonder if the screen is dimming quickly when you're covering the light sensor. Is the screen going completely black, or is it just dimming a lot? Are you noticing this mostly when you're outside (in bright sunlight, which will make a dim screen look black)?

Tom Chipman

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Let me ask you this. Had you recently used Skype? The same thing happened to me and I realized it was because I had been on Skype and hadn't signed out, and every time my hand got close to the screen it blacked out so I couldn't see or do anything. I went back into Skype and signed out and the problem stopped.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm