S4 and S-ON

Maria Esponoza

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Sorry if I put this in the wrong place, this is my first time posting here (besides the intro). I had a few questions, one that's rather generic, the other that's specific to my device. I keep hearing the term "S-ON" and "S-OFF". My understanding is that a device that is S-ON can cause problems with keeping system apps you install yourself? For example, I was told that it it will revert the system partition back to "factory". Is that true? Would someone mind clarifying what S-ON does exactly, pretty please!? :) Also, does anyone know if the Verizon SGS4 is S-ON? I have an app that I used ROM Toolbox and the "Convert to System App" on. The app never shows up as a system app. It seemingly is simply deleted almost instantly after copying it to the system folder.

Thanks!
Maria

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Sorry if I put this in the wrong place, this is my first time posting here (besides the intro). I had a few questions, one that's rather generic, the other that's specific to my device. I keep hearing the term "S-ON" and "S-OFF". My understanding is that a device that is S-ON can cause problems with keeping system apps you install yourself? For example, I was told that it it will revert the system partition back to "factory". Is that true? Would someone mind clarifying what S-ON does exactly, pretty please!? :) Also, does anyone know if the Verizon SGS4 is S-ON? I have an app that I used ROM Toolbox and the "Convert to System App" on. The app never shows up as a system app. It seemingly is simply deleted almost instantly after copying it to the system folder.

Thanks!
Maria

S-Off and S-On are HTC terms used for rooting. Samsung doesn't use that. It is an encryption to the bootloader (I think)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7