Gmail slow

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have had 2 phones 1 on ICS and a nexus 4.
Whenever I try to use gmail (app) it is quick responsive etc until I try to either delete or send mail to folders or change lables, then I always get a white bar with a spinning circle, until I either open another folder, force stop or reboot.
I have removed data, even removed all mail from my desktop, checked all my setting, IMAP.
This has happened on every Android device I have owned, the only time it doesnt do it is the stock app on my ZTE before play updates it.
Anyway to open a new email account using the same address?
or is it meant to be like this?
Thanks

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I've owned over 15 different Android devices and have never encountered this issue. You should send feedback through Google and see if they have any advice for you.

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I was guessing it was something it doesn't like about my account, I will try that thanks for help.
I have inherited an old orange Barcelona phone running Froyo, that also works fine until play updates it to the latest version.

I think I have fixed it, I also have a Virgin Media email account (gmail on another server) I had this set up to check mails by pop. I was unaware I can add it as a second account!
Deleting it has speeded things up.
It's about time Virgin caught up! they use Google servers but as it's a different domain they don't merge, there security software is not compatible with Windows 8.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87