Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Auto-Downloaded "Passback.JS" - Unknown if file is safe

Hi,

Recently, my Galaxy S4 downloaded a file called "Passback.JS" automatically - all I know about it is that it is a Javascript file.. I do not have any applications downloaded that are obviously related to the file.

I was wondering if anyone knew whether this was a valid Android file or if it was a virus/malware... I'm trying to avoid doing a master reset, but am tempted as I have no clue what the file is, and I don't think it is connected to anything on my phone.

Thanks for your time!

Global Posts
    30,971 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Auto-Downloaded "Passback.JS" - Unknown if file is safe

Quote Originally Posted by Ryche View Post
    Hi,

Recently, my Galaxy S4 downloaded a file called "Passback.JS" automatically - all I know about it is that it is a Javascript file.. I do not have any applications downloaded that are obviously related to the file.

I was wondering if anyone knew whether this was a valid Android file or if it was a virus/malware... I'm trying to avoid doing a master reset, but am tempted as I have no clue what the file is, and I don't think it is connected to anything on my phone.

Thanks for your time!
    If you still have the notification, you can long pres it, and the info of the app responsible should show up.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Patruns - Thanks - I'd actually seen that page, and it appears to be a whole lot of questions, and very few answers as to what it actually is...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Golf - If it comes back, I'll check it.. I actually deleted the files (through the My Files folder). Thanks for the hint!