[Q] Repurposing Home Button to show Notification Menu?

dalinian

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Dear Androidsters,

I'm very much enjoying my Samsung Galaxy Note (running stock Android 4.1.2, rooted), and it's waaay better than all my previous 11 palmtop computers put together. [1]

I have four apps which effectively make my Notification Menu into my app launching mechanism, since I find this to be quicker and more efficient than the default Home Screens paradigm. I have explored using various app-launching Home Screen replacement apps (such as GO Launcher EX, 3D Home, etc., &c., all of which stick to using the Home Screens paradigm), but I much prefer to use the Notification Menu to launch apps.

THE Most Useful Utility Apps on my G-Note.jpg
Notification menu app-launching utilities

Android is justly famous for its 'Customise Everything!' abilities, but search as I may, I cannot find a way of customising a single press on the Home Button. The final finesse would be that, in any and every situation (including when apps are running full screen, where the Notification Bar method of accessing the Notification Menu is absent), a single press on the Home Button shows the Notification Menu instead of the Home Screen (or whichever replacement app-launching Home Screens app it currently launches).

So does anybody know of a customising utility app which will allow me to remap a single press on the Home Button to show the Notification Menu?

Thanks in advance for your help.

[1] A Samsung Galaxy Note running Stock Android 4.1.2 is waaay better than all my previous 11 palmtop computers put together:
My Dozen Palmtop Computers 1989-2013.jpg

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
That function would be governed by your home launcher. You could try apex or nova, I'm not sure with the others. However, it may require root functionality, as the file that controls what the physical buttons do is in a read-only system directory.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan