Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Email Syncing Problem

    I just switched to the Galaxy S4 from an iPhone. I'm still figuring it out but am happy so far. The only issue I'm having right now is with email syncing. I only want the email app to check my email accounts when I tell it to and have set all syncing options that I can find to manual. The phone still notifies me each time I have an email. This seems like it is going out every so often and checking my accounts, wasting battery and data. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Email Syncing Problem

    Are you using the stock email app, or a dedicated app like Gmail or Outlook? If it is the stock app, make sure both peak and non-peak schedules are set for manual, and the notification option is not checked.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Email Syncing Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by angry mustache View Post
    Are you using the stock email app, or a dedicated app like Gmail or Outlook? If it is the stock app, make sure both peak and non-peak schedules are set for manual, and the notification option is not checked.
    It's the stock email app. I had the peak and non-peak set for manual but the notification option was checked. I just shut it off, hopefully that solves the problem. Thanks for your help.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Email Syncing Problem

    If that does not do it, check your account settings and see if it is set to exchange active sync, or pop/imap. It may require removing the account, then setting it back up. I have a couple accounts set in my stock app, and do not get notifications for either unless I manually check them.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Email Syncing Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by angry mustache View Post
    If that does not do it, check your account settings and see if it is set to exchange active sync, or pop/imap. It may require removing the account, then setting it back up. I have a couple accounts set in my stock app, and do not get notifications for either unless I manually check them.
    Will try that...still getting notifications. What should it be set to to stop the notifications? One account is my gmail, the other is my work that I set up manually.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Email Syncing Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by underdog1924 View Post
    Will try that...still getting notifications. What should it be set to to stop the notifications? One account is my gmail, the other is my work that I set up manually.
    Just deleted the accounts and checked off the option "notify me of email". Never saw that as an option when the accounts were already going.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Email Syncing Problem

    Nope...change didn't work
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Email Syncing Problem

    I have an email account set up through the IMAP server. Attached are screen shots of how it is set up. Open the email app, tap the menu button, then tap settings, and the account you want to work with. That should bring up a screen similar to the first image. Make sure the notification check box is not checked, but the sync box is. Tap "sync schedule". That should bring up a screen similar to the second image. Change the sync settings to manual, and tell the phone to use the same settings for both peak and off-peak times.

    Hope this helps. If it does not, I am at a loss. Perhaps someone else here will have another idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Email Syncing Problem-screenshot_2013-09-09-16-53-01.png   Email Syncing Problem-screenshot_2013-09-09-16-53-09.png  
  9. #9  

    Default

    Hello

    I had same problem on my s3. Open gmail app not email app go to settings and uncheck notifications. Hope this helps.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by Ed Walzer; 09-28-2014 at 02:28 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. HTC Explorer: Facebook app Problem
    By Explorerq in forum HTC Explorer
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2014, 07:35 AM
  2. Text sync conflict issues
    By MarvinJS#AC in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-19-2013, 04:41 PM
  3. Google Nexus 7 (2012) LCD/Digitizer Problems
    By Andrew Weesner in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 08:06 PM
  4. Micro SD card problem
    By Amb666 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 10:15 AM
  5. Email addresses
    By bodum02 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2013, 03:54 PM

Posting Permissions