Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unable to factory reset properly?

Hey, I recently update my software on my HTC Desire X from 4.0 to 4.1 or something, ever since my phone as been generally slow. Everytime I hit home button it loads for 3-5s and when I use apps they usally crash. This sucked, so I disabled all the animations etc, all apps non-required, the problem presists so I google it. Just like me others had a similar issue, a factory reset was recommended and so I did. But after factory reseting(which I've done multply times now) it's not reseting back to 4.0 it's still 4.1 and the lagging presists, what do I do?

Global Posts
    7,307 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Unable to factory reset properly?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy Lindholm View Post
    Hey, I recently update my software on my HTC Desire X from 4.0 to 4.1 or something, ever since my phone as been generally slow. Everytime I hit home button it loads for 3-5s and when I use apps they usally crash. This sucked, so I disabled all the animations etc, all apps non-required, the problem presists so I google it. Just like me others had a similar issue, a factory reset was recommended and so I did. But after factory reseting(which I've done multply times now) it's not reseting back to 4.0 it's still 4.1 and the lagging presists, what do I do?
    A factory reset will not "roll-back" the Android version from 4.1 to 4.0. It simply clears the device memory, settings, etc. and will leave it on 4.1. Does the device still lag even with the factory reset? If it does, consider installing a third-party launcher (Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher, ADW Launcher) and see if any of those help with the lag associated with the stock launcher.

Hope this helps.

By chance when you do the factory reset and set your phone up all over again are you telling it to go ahead and download all of your apps? If so, do not do that. Reset without the apps and add one at a time until you find what may be slowing your phone down.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.3
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    A factory reset will not "roll-back" the Android version from 4.1 to 4.0. It simply clears the device memory, settings, etc. and will leave it on 4.1. Does the device still lag even with the factory reset? If it does, consider installing a third-party launcher (Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher, ADW Launcher) and see if any of those help with the lag associated with the stock launcher.

Hope this helps.
    Ohh, well I guess I missunderstood then, I'm checking the other "launchers" out and I'll be in touch if it doesn't work, but if it remains laggy, How can I deupdate? rewind? somehow?.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well, it doesn't load anymore when pressing the home button but apps are still really slow and crash. Is there no way I can rewind my software update?