| || |
Re: Smartpadv10 connection not authenticated
Try the following (any one of these might work--they don't have to be done in order):
1. Reboot the tablet.
2. On the tablet, go to Settings/Wireless & Networks/Wifi, select the name of your home network, and "Forget" it. Then select it again and reenter the password.
3. Reboot the router (unplug the power for 10 seconds, then plug it back in and wait 20-30 seconds until the network is reestablished).
4. On the tablet, turn off Bluetooth--every now and then, it might cause some interference.
5. If the tablet has NFC (Near Field Communication), turn that off, since it can also interfere.
6. Do you have any USB 3.0 connections in your house? If so, make sure the tablet isn't near any, because those connections have been known to interfere with wifi reception (on the 2.4 GHz band).
7. If you know how, change some of the router's security settings (e.g., from WPA to WEP or vice-versa, or from AES to TKIP or vice-versa).
8. As a last resort, try turning off the router's security completely, to see if it's causing problems. Do this temporarily, because you shouldn't have an open network, especially if you live close to others.