- 1 Posts
4.2.2 Strange Issues, Galaxy S4
(if i have posted in the wrong section, i apologize!)
A few days ago my Galaxy S4 GT-I9505, updated to android 4.2.2, since then I have been having some really strange issues with the device
First off, my phone will randomly shut down all together whenever it wants too, even if it has plenty of battery or not even running any "heavy" apps
Secondly, after the phone shuts off, it doesn't boot up correctly, it will shut back down at any stage during rebooting, and when it finally decides to get to the lock screen, it wont last long.
Thirdly, the battery in the device will mysteriously drain completely, for example, last night the battery was at 45%, the phone "died" and when i plugged it into the charger and got it running again, it showed I had 0% of battery.
I have had the device no more than 6 months and have not rooted it.
Can somebody please provide any solutions if possible?
- 09-11-2013, 10:04 AM #2
Re: 4.2.2 Strange Issues, Galaxy S4
You can try clearing cache in recovery. Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
Sometimes when a device updates, the data conflicts from old and new versions of the ROM can cause battery drains.
If I helped you, Pay it Forward....
Current Devices: Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
- By Janw001 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 MiniReplies: 2Last Post: 09-23-2013, 04:41 AM
- By Andoidnoobster in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 8Last Post: 09-21-2013, 08:02 AM
- By The Rocket Josh in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 5Last Post: 09-18-2013, 12:40 PM
- By Taylor York in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Google EditionReplies: 12Last Post: 09-16-2013, 12:34 AM
- By subtenko in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 09-11-2013, 11:35 PM