How to secure tablet

1Ando

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a 10" android tablet running 4.1. There is no way to set a screen lock password/pattern as there is on most android phones/tablets. I called customer support and they removed that feature, as too many folks were forgetting their password, their kids couldn't remember the pattern, etc. This particular tablet line apparently has no factory reset feature if someone locks themselves out. They have to send it in and they reload the software.

Anyway, I'm wonderin how I can put this feature on here. I looked all over the Play Store and nothing but password managers, antivirus stuff, etc.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a 10" android tablet running 4.1. There is no way to set a screen lock password/pattern as there is on most android phones/tablets. I called customer support and they removed that feature, as too many folks were forgetting their password, their kids couldn't remember the pattern, etc. This particular tablet line apparently has no factory reset feature if someone locks themselves out. They have to send it in and they reload the software.

Anyway, I'm wonderin how I can put this feature on here. I looked all over the Play Store and nothing but password managers, antivirus stuff, etc.
You can try App Lock. Won't have a general lock for the device, but you can lock out a lot of other stuff

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund