Android security issue or carrier fault?

mjsrs

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with my HTC One (running Android 4.2.2 - locked to the portuguese carrier TMN). The thing is that my carrier is charging me for daily data connections that I'm not doing. I noticed that if I do not make a data connection an automatic data connection would be charged by the carrier everyday more less at the same hour. Android data traffic monitor does not have any data traffic record, also I've installed Avast and it neither registered data traffic.
Is this possible to have a malware installed that is enabling the data connection automatically/silently and skipping the traffic monitor? Or is it more likely to be a carrier fault?

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with my HTC One (running Android 4.2.2 - locked to the portuguese carrier TMN). The thing is that my carrier is charging me for daily data connections that I'm not doing. I noticed that if I do not make a data connection an automatic data connection would be charged by the carrier everyday more less at the same hour. Android data traffic monitor does not have any data traffic record, also I've installed Avast and it neither registered data traffic.
Is this possible to have a malware installed that is enabling the data connection automatically/silently and skipping the traffic monitor? Or is it more likely to be a carrier fault?

Any ideas?

Thank you.
Welcome to the forums!
It can be kind of hard to track down. Google syncs services on your phone. Any number of say email apps will check the net depending on settings. Unfortunately, this is too much of a broad question.

mjsrs

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Agree it's hard to track down but one thing I would like to be sure is that if wi-fi and data connections are off, no matter what, it is impossible to an application to start a data connection.Otherwise it will be a security issue, IMO. Right?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Agree it's hard to track down but one thing I would like to be sure is that if wi-fi and data connections are off, no matter what, it is impossible to an application to start a data connection.Otherwise it will be a security issue, IMO. Right?

I am not sure. I don't think so.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams