Custom notification tones by contact

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know or a way, or an app, that allows different notification sounds by contact ?
That is when Joe J. sends me an email or a SMS text, I can set a different notification sound other than the "default" sound.

Thanks,
Fred

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Seems to work, however it only allows setting a phone ringtone (i.e. from an incoming phone call).
I'm looking for a different notification sound by contact for say an email received from them

:)
Fred

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Seems to work, however it only allows setting a phone ringtone (i.e. from an incoming phone call).
I'm looking for a different notification sound by contact for say an email received from them

Fred
I don't think that is possible. You can have different notification sounds for texts, email, Hangouts, etc.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Fred

You should be able to associate an MP3 with a contact for notifications using RingDroid (as described in the product description), but that's only for text messaging. I think Golfdriver97 is right--you can't customize email notifications.

sherweed

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
There at least two apps that will allow you to set individual notifications per user. Handcent and Textra. I recently moved to Textra because Handcent, while awesome, is a little bit feature heavy and requires you to log into their system.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair