Samsung Galaxy Grand Slow Performance after JB 4.2.2 upgrade.

sagarkapadia

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I have upgraded my Galaxy Grand Duos I-9082 from Jelly bean 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 and the phone hangs randomly. on 4.1.2 it was working truly commendable. I appreciate if anybody can help on this issue and give me tips to do away with the slow performance.

Thanks,
Sagar Kapadia

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I have upgraded my Galaxy Grand Duos I-9082 from Jelly bean 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 and the phone hangs randomly. on 4.1.2 it was working truly commendable. I appreciate if anybody can help on this issue and give me tips to do away with the slow performance.

Thanks,
Sagar Kapadia
Have you rebooted into recovery and cleared the devices cache partition? Sometimes, old data gets in the way of the new OS.

desigann

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
even after that 61mb update my galaxy grand is very slow. infact when i click the contacts, it always says contacts failed to open. even when someone whose number is already in my contact list calls me, am only getting the number and not the name displayed. kindly assist at the earliest.

sagarkapadia

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Initially after 61 MB update, my cell phone worked smooth, but after loading few apps, the issue has started. Please help someone on this.

Enrique2SIM

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

It would really great to have more information about how to boost the Android performance on mid-range devices. Until now, I was thinking that the limited performance was because the specs of the handsets.

Is that possible?

Regards

Skkor9y

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Initially after 61 MB update, my cell phone worked smooth, but after loading few apps, the issue has started. Please help someone on this.
Guys I had the same problem but when I did the factory default it didn't go back to 4.1.2 but 4.2.2 and the device worked flawless....

Arun Reddy

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Grand Slow Performance & hanging after JB 4.2.2 upgrade.

Same problem with me after 4.2.2 upgrade.Daily i hav to restart the device for couple of times.
If samsung guys are lokin at this message....try 2 help us.....

sagarkapadia

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Grand Slow Performance & hanging after JB 4.2.2 upgrade.

Hey All,
I too had a lot of problems and fed of trying a lot. As per Samsung Executive, the binary does not get updated with the version / update / upgrade patches. This is a universal problem with Samsung Android Devices. Esp. galaxy grand I-9082 devices. hence, I went to the Samsung Service Center and they updated my software. Now the device work awesome. I would suggest to go to Samsung Service Center.

If in warranty: Free software update
If out of warranty: 150 INR

Christian Tshibanda

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Grand Slow Performance & hanging after JB 4.2.2 upgrade.

Hey All,
I too had a lot of problems and fed of trying a lot. As per Samsung Executive, the binary does not get updated with the version / update / upgrade patches. This is a universal problem with Samsung Android Devices. Esp. galaxy grand I-9082 devices. hence, I went to the Samsung Service Center and they updated my software. Now the device work awesome. I would suggest to go to Samsung Service Center.

If in warranty: Free software update
If out of warranty: 150 INR

How long did it take from their center? U took it back the same day? Plz let me know. having the same problem with my galaxy mega

taydag

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello all
I was also suffering from the same problem. I sorted it out by disabling all the unnecessary background applications via application manager. Almost all applications belongs to Samsung were disabled and now the phone is better than before.
Attention: I have not reinstalled android. Android 4.2.2 has still been running since the OTA update.

I will try to upload the screenshots of my disabled applications. Hope it helps

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-19-16-44-43.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-19-16-44-43.png
    106.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_2014-01-19-16-44-55.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-19-16-44-55.png
    92.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_2014-01-19-16-45-08.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-19-16-45-08.png
    112 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

ameynevrekar

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
One step solution to upgrading your Samsung Galaxy Grand and removing all problems after the Android 4.2.2 Upgrade

To Update Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 to Android 4.2.2 follow the following simple steps:

1. First of all extract the Odin zip file and run the odin.exe on your PC. The Odin version should be Odin 3.07

2. Now you need to Reboot your Galaxy Grand Duos into Download Mode. Here is how to do it:
? First Switch-Off your Galaxy Grand
? Then Press and Hold the ?Volume Down+Home+Power? Buttons at the same time, till you see the warning screen.
? Now just hit the Volume Up button to enter download mode.

3. Once in the download mode, connect your device using the data cable to your PC.

4. Now again come to Odin screen, and make sure it has detected your device, the ID:COM port when yellow or blue means that it has detected your device. Otherwise try changing the USB port or try reinstalling the USB drivers.

5. One more thing to do with Odin, is make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time is checked.

6. Now finally you can hit the PDA button and browse the Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware file you?ve downloaded earlier.

7. Then, click on the START Button, to start flashing the Android 4.2.2 Update on your Galaxy Grand Duos I9082.

8. You should have patience, because it can take time depending on your device and PC.

9. Once it gets completed, Odin3 will notify you and your device will Rebooted automatically.

10. Now just wait for your device to boot normally. You?ll have Android 4.2.2 Jellybean installed on Grand Duos I9082 with improved performance and features.

11. Now you got to delete the Cache from the Mobile that may be present. For this follow the following simple steps:

a. Just remove the battery for 3 seconds and then replace the battery
b. Press hold volume up + Home + Power it boots into the recovery mode
c. Simply choose wipe data/cache by using the volume up and down buttons for scrolling
d. Once you arrive at the selected option press power button to select
e. Once that is done, choose wipe dalwik cache and press power button again to select.
f. Then select the option Reboot.

Your mobile shall now Reboot and there you Go . You have successfully loaded Android 4.2.2

Now IMMEDIATELY disable the Gallery App that is the Root cause of all the Galaxy Grand problems post the Android 4.2.2 Update. For this follow the following simple steps:

Go to Settings??Application Manager??-All??-
Now All the processess running shall be displayed.
Scroll down to find the process GALLERY
Click on Clear Data
Click on Force Stop.
Click on Disable
This shall DISABLE the Gallery App from your mobile.

4. Howevev you need a good gallery app and hence download and install the following Gallery App from google play. The app name is QUICKPIC. This app works in the same manner as Gallery and is very light in weight and does not auto load in memory as well.

5. Now your mobile should be lightning fast and minus any/all the problems

At the end, hoping that you?ve learned, How to manually install the Official Android 4.2.2 Jellybean Firmware on your Grand Duos I9082 Smartphone. If you need further support/help let know in the comment section.

<b>Link to necessary softwares</b>

Link to Download Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos USB Drivers
=========================================================
SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones

Link to Download Android Firmware 4.2.2 (Build Number: I9082XXUBMK3)
======================================================================
Firmware archive | Samsung Updates

Link to Download Odin 3.07
============================
Odin307

Also watch this Video from youtube
======================================

Samsung galaxy Grand Duos Android 4 2 2 Stability Update - YouTube

sagarkapadia

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I see a new 97 MB update rolled out in February 2014. Below are the details:

GT-I9082 Galaxy Grand DUOS
PDA: I9082XXUBNB2
CSC: I9082ODDBNB1
MODEM: I9082DDUBNB1
Added: 2014-02-11

i just dont understand what stability update is this released for?

Phone shutdown and bootup is slow . I found that after updating the advance menu option after pressing VOLUME UP+POWER+CENTER BUTTON, the menu does not appear. Have to wait long and the screen flickers 2-3 times. After almost 3-5 mins the advance options menu appear. This is pathetic. Also, normal restarting of the phone, the screen flickers 2-3 times at the animated SAMSUNG logo. Really diappointed with this nonsense from google. I did a factory reset but again same issue.

Had anyone updated to the latest update? Is anyone facing the same issue? Please help how can this be resolved

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781