Is there a way to execute this command?

DrZach21

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Is there a Terminal app that would allow me to execute this command: ssh -2 -6 username@computer-name.[account number].members.btmm.icloud.com?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
There are a number of free terminal apps in the store. Did you try any? I don't know what that command does so I can't comment on whether you need to root or not. If it changes a system file the answer is likely yes.

DrZach21

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
There are a number of free terminal apps in the store. Did you try any? I don't know what that command does so I can't comment on whether you need to root or not. If it changes a system file the answer is likely yes.
I've tried Android Terminal Emulator, Terminal IDE, ConnectBot, and others... This SSH command would allow me to remotely wake my Mac via iCloud (Back To My Mac). Details here.

Last edited:

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't see why it would take any special SSH client to pass whatever random commands you felt like. It's not like the commands have to mean anything to the client you are using.

DrZach21

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't see why it would take any special SSH client to pass whatever random commands you felt like. It's not like the commands have to mean anything to the client you are using.

This is a SSH-2 command, using 'inet6' (IPv6) as it's AddressFamily (hence the "-2 -6")... I haven't yet found a terminal emulator app that is able to execute it.