I have a problem with browsers in my android tablet.
When I try to load the following website
in Firefox, after a long wait with a blank screen, I get the connection timeout screen, and I see that the browser was trying to connect to the address
this is for sure not the correct ip address of the wikipedia page. Note that the other web pages work correctly, and also the other subdomains of wikipedia, for example en.wikipedia.org, work correctly. The wikipedia page works correctly in my other web browsers.
I have a similar problem with Google Chrome, this time for the page
an Italian newspaper. Identical problem, with the browser trying to load the page
the other websites works ok with Chrome, and the page works ok with my other browsers.
These problems started when I used a WiFi connection in a hotel. I used wikipedia in Firefox and the other website in Chrome as a test page, and they didn't work, then after a couple of minutes I used other pages and they were working. Now I am back at home, and I am very surprised to see that these pages still give me problems. It seems like the browser memorised the redirect page of the router of the hotel, and it does not see the correct ip address.