| || |
Re: downgrade to previous OS?
I am another user (HTC Droid DNA) who just got what appears to be the latest update and would also prefer to downgrade, but Verizon and HTC have both been utterly useless, to the point that I'm about ready to find new companies to deal with.
I don't care for the following in the latest release for the following reasons:
- New font is ugly skinny thing that gives me a headache to read. Makes the Mail and Messages apps as well as icons utterly hideous.
- Swiping is now vertical instead of horizontal when scrolling through app screen
- Bunch of un-deletable Google crapware I didn't want suddenly appeared in apps (I did hide it, but it's still taking up space on the phone)
- When I go to the screen with all my apps, it keeps the weather and clock at the top of the first page, and only the first page of them, for no rational reason -- I don't have ADD, I remember what time it was and what the weather was 1/2 a second ago!
- Swiping apps closed is more of a pain (grid of 9 rather than swipe left/right)
- Phone synced up an email account in Calendar, Email, etc. that I didn't want synced up (and it never had been before, to my knowledge)
- Base apps for Messages (SMS/Text) and Mail no longer are clear about read/unread (new things used to be bold, but new font removed that)
- Calendar app is hideous - month view uses lines (was able to solve by installing aCalendar app which is not perfect, but at least it doesn't suck)
- HORRIBLE customer service: Verizon said I'm stuck with it, but to talk to HTC. HTC support chat, which was at least more sympathetic to me than the Verizon people, still said I'm stuck with it, but to complain to Google. Google Forums said they don't do forums for Droid anymore, but to complain to HTC, who don't seem to have a spot for that either.
That's just off the top of my head. Any advice? I'm not familiar with doing a flash ROM and looked into the page for rooting a phone and figured I was likely to break something if I tried to do all that. But I am EXTREMELY unhappy right now... as the above poster said... this is like an iPhone. Actually, I am seriously considering Windows Phone or iPhone just to get AWAY from this miserable experience!