My phone does't recognize some free space on internal Memory

sfenzo

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I'm new to forum and I hope not to annoy anyone here with my questions.

Well, as the post title says, I have free space on the internal memory of my phone that is not recognized for things like installing an app.

This is my phone:

Model: Motorola XT919
Android version: jelly bean 4.1.2
Internal memory: 4gb (really 2,2 gb free since the rest is used by the OS)
Rooted: Yes

I found out about this problem because I was running out of internal space so I inmediately checked the storage settings and I found this:

In the installed apps settings it shows 766 mb free of internal space
ema6u7yv.jpg

But in the storage settings the things are different:
pyhasevu.jpg

As you can see, this time I only have 127 mb free of internal storage, it's weird...

Just to be sure, I downloaded the app Storage Analyser and once again checked the internal storage free space:
u2e5ehuh.jpg

And this time shows 1,52 gb free... Really confusing.

Well the thing is that my phone considers as free space just the 127mb shown on storage settings, and I want the phone also uses the free space shown on the app settings or the one shown by storage analyser.

What should I do about it? I did some googling before asking here but I didn't found someone who has the same problem as I describe it.

Every idea, comment or suggestion is welcome :) thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The three numbers refer to different things. One is the total amount of free space on the storage chip, one is the amount of space free for apps, one is the amount of free space in the userdata partition.

It's like a hard drive with 3 partitions. Drive C has 3GB free. Drive D has 2GB free and Drive E has 100MB free. The total free space is 5.1GB, but you can't use it as a single block. You can install 3GB of apps, you can store 100MB of app data and the operating system has 2GB to use for itself to store data.

All the numbers are correct, but they don't all refer to the same thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech