Google Play Problems

Shivam Paw

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a samsung galaxy fame running jelly bean 4.1.2

Recently google play stopped working. I go into google play and it just crashes. I checked for Google Play services and tried all other fixes I could find but nothing is working. For some reason now I can't find google play and it seems to be uninstalled so I do not have any google play on my phone right now.

Any help would be appreciated.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a samsung galaxy fame running jelly bean 4.1.2

Recently google play stopped working. I go into google play and it just crashes. I checked for Google Play services and tried all other fixes I could find but nothing is working. For some reason now I can't find google play and it seems to be uninstalled so I do not have any google play on my phone right now.

Any help would be appreciated.
If a reboot doesn't fix it then factory reset should bring the Play Store app back if it was previously installed on the device. What device are you having this issue with?

Shivam Paw

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
If a reboot doesn't fix it then factory reset should bring the Play Store app back if it was previously installed on the device. What device are you having this issue with?

Samsung Galaxy Fame. I do not want to reset my phone as I do not want to re install apps etc.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Fame. I do not want to reset my phone as I do not want to re install apps etc.
OK - well, the Play Store app should not have been deleted from the device on its own. This would require root access and you manually removing the app, which you would have known. A reboot did not resolve the problem?

You can also try accessing the Play Store via a link online. If the Play Store app is installed it will pull up the app to access the link.

Shivam Paw

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
OK - well, the Play Store app should not have been deleted from the device on its own. This would require root access and you manually removing the app, which you would have known. A reboot did not resolve the problem?

You can also try accessing the Play Store via a link online. If the Play Store app is installed it will pull up the app to access the link.

Re boot is not working how can I restore my phone so that google play store is back and everything is back to how I bought it?

Olivia_Jackson

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Re boot is not working how can I restore my phone so that google play store is back and everything is back to how I bought it?

To restore your phone back to the original setting go Setting -> Backup & Reset (In Personal Section) -> Factory Data Reset.

But this will delete everything you have in your device including your images, songs, etc. Better to keep a backup of everything first. But you should first try find playstore.apk and install it first. Try doing it, hope it works. But before installing some external .apk file remember to change the settings as well.

Shivam Paw

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok - I have fixed it.

If anyone else is having this issue find a STOCK rom that you can flash via odin.

I got mine via Firmwares | SamMobile

Enter your device model number in the search field. You can find your model number in your phones about page via settings.

When you have downloaded it extract the file you get it should be an md5 file.

Now open Odin which you can download by searching it.

Put your device in download mode by turning it off and then hold the volume down, power and home button until you get to the warning screen. Now press volume up and if you get a downloading screen then plug your phone into your computer and get the drivers installed.

You may have to take the phone out and put it back in get the drivers installed. if odin recognizes it the ID:COM bar will turn to blue or yellow.

Now select PDA and select the md5 file you extracted. Wait for odin to finish loading the file and then make sure only Auto Reboot and F.Time Reset are checked.

Press start and wait for Odin to say pass.

Your phone will now be on stock firmware

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa