Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Its a bug or my mobile has a fault????

kindly take a part in this discussion specially jennifer ( moderator)

i have a 3 mobile one is based on 4.0 Operating System, another are 4.1 and 4.2... if i am going to update my "Maps" 1) Location and 2) navigation icon disappear in 4.0 & 4.1 OS, and 4.2 is working fine....
    Does this problem is only associated only with my mobile or with yours???....

plz help me... and give the answer
    Arsala muhammad Ali

Default Re: Its a bug or my mobile has a fault????

On the latest Google Maps version for any device, access Navigation by tapping the little split arrow icon at the right of the search bar. Then input your destination. Once Maps has determined a route for you, you'll see an arrowhead at the lower right that says "Start"--tap that, and your navigation will begin.

What do you mean by Location icon?
    Thanked by:
    Arsala1 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

map is is actually associated with 2 icon seperately one is navigation that issue has been resolved, but the fact is "local icon" that tell u the specific 110% accurate location that where i m right now... and the updated map 7.2 unbale to tell this thing

If the map doesn't show you your current position, tap the little target icon at the lower right--that should swing the map over to show you your current position.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ok i am going to send you the pic of "local" icon in red color, i am talking about this ,, when i am going to update maps it is converted into 7.2 and local and navigation icons are disappeared.... kindly check in your mobile on the Adroid versiion is 4.0 and 4.1

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Arsala1 View Post
    ok i am going to send you the pic of "local" icon in red color, i am talking about this ,, when i am going to update maps it is converted into 7.2 and local and navigation icons are disappeared.... kindly check in your mobile on the Adroid versiion is 4.0 and 4.1
    Are you talking about the separate Navigation and Local icons you have in the app drawer? If so, then those were removed and combined with the Google Maps app, so you now need to only access Google Map and can open local/navigation from there.
    B. Diddy likes this.

Yes, I was wondering if that's what the OP meant. All of the Local information now comes up if you just search for a place on Google Maps.

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Are you talking about the separate Navigation and Local icons you have in the app drawer? If so, then those were removed and combined with the Google Maps app, so you now need to only access Google Map and can open local/navigation from there.
    It may depend on the carrier. My Verizon Galaxy S4 kept the Navigation and Local icons when I got the Maps update. They just open their respective functions in Maps.