apps being killed

KK4AXX

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
OK. My Droid RAZR HD has suddenly taken up the bad habit of killing any apps that I have in the taskbar anytime the screen sleeps. No newly installed apps. The phone is rooted but no flashed ROMs. (Honestly, I am new to this and haven't found clear instructions for my phone on how to do this.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try going to System Settings/Developer Options, and see if "Don't Keep Activities" is checked. If so, uncheck it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by the Taskbar? Do you mean the Recent Apps list? That doesn't always correspond to apps that may still be running or cached in the background. It's more accurate to look at System Settings/Apps/Running.

KK4AXX

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Also, if someone could direct me to a consise set of instructions on how to go about flashing ROMs to this phone (& where to find said ROMs) it would be greatly appreciated.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Brainfart... The running apps listed @ top of the screen.

Are you sure they are actually being killed or just dropping out of the notifications area? Tap on the recently used apps button and tap on one you believe should be running. It may very well still be active. You can also check what apps are running in settings/apps/running....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke