Viber doesn't recognize ( sync) my contact list and I can't add my Contact to it ,Galaxy Note3

niceguysf

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I just bought Galaxy note 3. It is absolutely amazing. It has 4g LTE but Viber doesn't recognize my Contact list.
I can't add contact list to Viber manually either. It said " TODO: add picker" when I try to add contact list manually.
I tried everything. I installed, uninstalled, reinstalled the program multiple times, cleared chache.
Most importantly, I put Contact list to SIM so Viber can recognize them but Viber still didn't do it
sombody please help me. I will appreciate it.
Thank you

niceguysf

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Never mind.
The problem solved. I turn my phone off completely and restarted. Then
I updated viber contact list with menu button ( it is not visible but when your finger is near it will be seen. It is left side of
real home button in Galaxy note 3) it looks like document paper. I hope someone who encounter same problem can
have solution with my experience

Robin A

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Two things to try. Go through your contacts list and ensure that your contacts' numbers have their respective country code (i.e. instead of 912-555-1234, have +1-912-555-1234 for someone in the US). This is particularly important if your contacts are in a different country than the registered phone number on your Viber account.

Another option that kind of bypasses it: from the Viber messaging screen (the tab with the little message bubble), click the add conversation button (bottom left corner, looks like a message bubble with a plus sign). Manually input a phone number you know has Viber, including the +country code. Check the Add # button, then press Done up in the top right of the screen. You can now start a conversation with this number.

Hope that helps.

marjankhazan

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I just bought SonyEricsson xperia arc s. Viber doesn't recognize my Contact list.
I can't add contact list to Viber manually either. It said " TODO: add picker" when I try to add contact list manually.
I tried everything. I installed, uninstalled, reinstalled the program multiple times, cleared chache.
Most importantly, I put Contact list to SD so Viber can recognize them but Viber still didn't do it
sombody please help me. I will appreciate it.
Thank you

bevanl

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
For a Samsung Galaxy S3, open Viber, then select Menu (below the screen to the left of the home button), then select More Options, then Settings, then tick the box "Show all contacts"

Simples

jengo100

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
chek show all contacts if any - hit edit anyone in viber. chek for Group it assigned. Then go to your phone groups and assign all contacts to this Group, you've seen in viber edit... Shame to viber for such bug....

dmagdalene

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
This link helped me for my international contacts Country Calling Codes - How to call the UK (United Kingdom) from United States

So if I'm calling from Manila to the USA via Viber: 00 + 1 + 10 digit mobile number
Or calling from the USA to UK: 011 + 44 + 10 digit mobile number

or: How to call United Kingdom from United States:
011 - United States exit code to dial first when calling international
44 - UK country code must be dialed next
011 + 44 + Local Number - Overall dialing code format

Moral of the lesson: Don't forget the EXIT CODE of your country

:)

marjankhazan

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
hi,
did u solve ur problem about add picker? i have the same problem like u.
what did u do?
plese help me if u know about it.
thanks
marjan

Benjamin Gecaj

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
bro just delete the contact that you want to see on the contact list in viber, and then register it again and just go on viber on te contact list and tap on the menu button and select UPDATE CONTACTS :)

mememe#AC

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the Android version of Viber on my BlackBerry Z10 OS 10.2.1
When I look at Viber's "All Contacts", it's missing a lot of contacts that are on my phone's contact list.
I tried refreshing the sync and it is still missing. I compared the differences of the contacts that synced and the ones that didn't sync.
What I have found is some phone numbers on my phone's contact list, I had put dashes in between some numbers. The contact phone numbers that have dashes do not show up on viber's contact list. I then edited my phone contacts and removed the dashes in the numbers. Now the contacts showed up on Viber's contact list. Removing dashes from the phone number seemed to correct the problem.

ante gamitheite

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
took hours to fix mine ..
just unistall it.. reboot .. instal older version ( i used Viber_3.1.1.15.apk)
problem gone :)
Now upgrade to latest version if you want. (do not unnistall),IT WORKS ;)