recovering lost file on Nexus 7 (2012); how to access hidden folder

zoowalk

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have lost a few pdfs which I have been reading for weeks (!) on my Nexus 7 (Android 4.3). Via the reading history of my pdf reader (Moon+ reader) I can see that at least one file is still present in the cache under the following folder address: /data/data/com.google.android.apps.docs/cache/filecache2/c042587322c4a438463efbd2cc533cbf/mypdf1.pdf

How can I access this folder? When accessing the device via the Android File Transfer sofware for Mac, I don't see this folder. I have access to Android/data/com.google.android.apps.docs/files, but this folder contains no files but only another folder (called "pinned_doc_files_not_for_edit") which is also empty.

The lost pdf is still there, I can open it in the reader via the reading history, but I would like to access the folder to see whether other lost files (which are not in the reading history) are also still present. To be clear, the file which I can open is also not detected when searching the device for pdfs.

Any help on this issue would be very much appreciated. I put weeks of work into these pdfs (annotating etc), but for reasons beyond my understanding, they disappeared.
I have no significant experience working with Android (apart from being a user).

Many thanks!
z

zoowalk

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I am on a Mac and access the Nexus with Android File Transfer. I'll try to check it on a windows machine and will report back. Thx for the suggestion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21