Want to peermanately have email client cached in memory ?

Tahoedan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I am using MailDroid Pro and like it alot.

If I close/minimize the app using the "home" button when I go to open it again it opens and populates my messages very fast (instantaneously)

But, if i close the app using the "back" button; when I go to open it again the app opens quickly but it takes longer to populate the messages.

To most this is totally fine. It is not like anything is broken. For me it matters. I try to close it each time with the "home" button but it is easier to tap the back button than it is to have to physically push the "home" button.

So.... is there someway to permanently keep the app process running so no mater how i close it will populate quickly when opened?

I have this phone running pretty nice since rooting it and freezing/uninstalling all the crap and installing XPrivacy (awesome app!), getting the email how I want it is the only thing I am not liking.

thanks for any suggestions.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure by leaving the app open you are seeing everything that you think you are seeing. If you leave the app open it seems instantaneous, but in actuality it is not syncing at the moment you go back into it so all you are seeing is what is already on the phone. If you close it and reopen it you are forcing a sync and the delay in seeing the rest of the messages is the sync taking priority.

Tahoedan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I believe you are right.

I was able to keep the app service alive with "Auto Memory Manager" but that did not help. I guess I would need something that would cache the actual contents or keep it synced in the background?

I will live with this one. (for now)

thanks for the replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol